Author Topic: Anna's Bar  (Read 5055 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Anna's Bar
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 15:28:52 PM »
This statement on 17/10 from Derek led us to beleive he wasn't doing another one - Now once again officialdom has taken over and I for one do not want a part in this. I will honour my promise to do the Halloween disco on 31st, but feel I dont want any part of official fund raising channels in the future.

The Party at Mimosa was announced 1st Nov.

The official fundraising do's for the Animal Shelter will be moved around several different bars as we go on, this is to be fair to all bar owners in the area, there are several venues that can hold a good party of this size including Mimosa, the set up is already there with lights, speakers, mikes, dance floor and plenty of room and good seating, good bar and the drinks will remain the same low prices as advertised on the board outside.

Andy

Offline karenChris

Anna's Bar
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 15:51:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

This statement on 17/10 from Derek led us to beleive he wasn't doing another one - Now once again officialdom has taken over and I for one do not want a part in this. I will honour my promise to do the Halloween disco on 31st, but feel I dont want any part of official fund raising channels in the future.

The official fundraising do's for the Animal Shelter will be moved around several different bars as we go on, this is to be fair to all bar owners in the area, there are several venues that can hold a good party of this size including Mimosa, the set up is already there with lights, speakers, mikes, dance floor and plenty of room and good seating, good bar and the drinks will remain the same low prices as advertised on the board outside.

Andy

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Anna's Bar
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 16:11:07 PM »
Yep, I agree with all of that:D

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Anna's Bar
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 16:11:41 PM »
As Andy is running  the "Official" doggy do as they are registered with Fetav. Wouldn't it make more sense for everyone to attend The Mimosa? Especially as Derick has himself stated that he will not be coming back to Turkey?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Anna's Bar
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 16:14:59 PM »
Let people make up their own mind where they want to go Anne ;)

Andy

Offline karenChris

Anna's Bar
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 16:34:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

Andy

I have just spoken with Derek on the telephone and the operative words on his quote were 'Officialdom and Official.
That is what he does not want to be a part of.

As mentioned, the Do,s at Anna Bar have all been arranged for some months previously as was the 23rd Dec and he is still going to be involved with them in the future from wherever he may be.

I do agree that there are many other excellent venues in the area but Derek,s & Karens do,s have all been arranged at the Anna Bar.

As mentioned previously, Karen & Rusty,s Road show are not competing with other charitable organisations.

Again as mentioned the prices at whatever venue remain the responsibility of the owner and like all places they do vary and it is up to the customer to pay what he feels is acceptable

I am confident that the party at the Mimosa will be a success as will all other events in other establishments that may be arranged in the future.

As previous owners of both Public Houses & Hotels in Britain, it was always great to have the support of our "locals".
'Anna Bar is our Local in Calis' and if we can support them in the same vein and also help others to benefit from the owners donations to whatever cause we shall be very pleased.

Karen & Rusty,s Road Show will continue to be organised at Anna Bar  for the enjoyment of all that wish to attend

Chris

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf