Author Topic: Benefit Night  (Read 2199 times)

Offline kismetbar

Benefit Night
« on: December 11, 2009, 17:52:43 PM »
Hi guys!
I know just some of you are occasional drinkers here at Kismet but we are holding a benefit night on Sunday in aid of our barman Yusuf. He was violently attacked on Monday and stabbed. It was life-threatening and basically, he is lucky to be alive. He is in hospital receiving great care but sadly, the sigorta we pay for him will not cover all the medical bills.
With this in mind, we are holding a ''charity singasong'' on Sunday after the quiz where people can bid for me, Ian or whoever, to sing(or not sing which in the case with me and Maggie).
Will be a great night - please come and join in the fun .... for a good and worthy cause!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Benefit Night
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 17:57:07 PM »
Is that Yusuf who used to be at the Shamrock?

In any case, well done lads for doing this, I hope you have a great night and raise lots of cash.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Benefit Night
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 19:46:04 PM »
Good luck with your fund raising night for your barman I hope he will be ok and make a full recovery. Do you mind me asking where he was attacked and stabbed?

Offline june

Benefit Night
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 22:17:33 PM »
Well done Nigel and Ian, thats very caring and I hope you have a great night and raise the money you need for Yusuf.....

Offline Harmless

Benefit Night
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 06:26:56 AM »
I can't come, but, I will tell my friends and hopefully they will be able to go along.
I hope he gets well really quickly poor boy.

Offline jinky

Benefit Night
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 11:56:04 AM »
not the same yusuf from the shamrock,he is working with ronnie in the fethiye irish bar,

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Benefit Night
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 14:56:57 PM »
I heard that it was a great night at the Kizmet. A fantastic amount of money was raised with a songathon? I will leave it to Nigel or Ian to say just how much they raised. Fabulous you guys. Well done. Wish we had been there now. I hadn't realised just what a busy bar this is. Ian and Nigel are the perfect hosts. We will be spending much more time down there in future.  Best of all Yusuf is now at home and on the mend.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 17:48:27 PM by mercury »

Offline busybee

Benefit Night
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 15:33:51 PM »
Well done to the Boyz, glad that Yusuf is on the mend and with his family.  Sorry we couldnt make it but it clashed with another outing.

Offline kismetbar

Benefit Night
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 16:58:12 PM »
Yusuf is home and slowly on the mend. What a lucky kid he is. We decided to do a songathon!! People put in bids for Ian to sing their favourite song and for me NOT to sing. We hoped to make about 400 lira and were absolutely astounded when we raised over 1200. Thanks to all who supported it. Yusuf really appreciates it!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf