Author Topic: Aydine Pide,s now..  (Read 4318 times)

Offline sunlover

Aydine Pide,s now..
« on: May 09, 2010, 09:44:55 AM »
Each year we come we read on here about Aydine Pide,s getting very mixed reviews and seem to be getting more bad than good...i must say as we stay just down the road from here all the time it,s handy if we want to nip out for something quick to eat and have always found it quite ok for this..

Are there any people who have visited this recently as was wondering what the reviews are like now...

sunlover

Offline reggie

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 09:51:31 AM »
we normally get a light bite in the day time, they might have a change of chef.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Aydine Pide,s now..
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 10:03:36 AM »
We went there when we were out two weeks ago and we found the food was still good and the owner still as friendly .Hooooowever! they have new menus which have no prices on (we were on very limited money due to being stranded re the volcanic ash)and I would have liked to know what we would be paying. I did find the ladies toilets were not good which I know should not put me off going back but I am afraid it will.

Offline sunlover

Aydine Pide,s now..
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 13:48:43 PM »
Hi Karennina,

What did you end up ordering to eat, and what did i all cost in the end....

they normally have there prices on the placemats under the glass tops and have been quite worn when we have visited but normally visible...

sunlover

Offline ronzeus

Aydine Pide,s now..
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 14:03:22 PM »
I have used it for 6 years for food and drink ,to me it is the best value in Calis and i would trust Cem more than any other person in Calis.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Aydine Pide,s now..
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 14:39:00 PM »
Hi Sunlover, yes you are right they used to have the menus under the placemats with everything just about visible! Now they have new ones that they bring out and there is no prices at all on the new menus.
We had one mixed pide (pides are still really good) and one lamb shish a portion of chips and I think it was two or three beers and it came to 44yl. We also had the salad and bread that they bring out before the meal.I would say that we did enjoy the meal and were so relieved about the price as we were down to our last 50 lira and my emergency coin purse!I personally just like to know upfront how much I am going to pay for something and also with hindsight maybe I should have said something whilst there about the toilet.
Hope this helps you  
Karen

Offline kizkucuk

Aydine Pide,s now..
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 15:23:47 PM »
Wasn't impressed last time - I'm told the one on the opposite corner is very good - for me the best Pide is still Ametist and cheap too :-)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Aydine Pide,s now..
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 15:35:14 PM »
Where is the Ametist please, is that the one opposite the Meri Bar?

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Aydine Pide,s now..
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 17:29:15 PM »
Is the Amytist the one on the corner of Dolphinless roundabout?
:D

Offline kanga

Aydine Pide,s now..
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 20:08:24 PM »
Just back from Calis and as ever Aydin is the best value for money around. Asked Cem as too why there were no prices on the new menus and was told printer had made a mistake and was awaiting a new delivery.
like ronnie i have used aydin for years and the service is not the best but in my opinion thats why we use cem's place

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf