Author Topic: Anna bar  (Read 10734 times)

Offline Afrodit

Anna bar
« on: May 12, 2010, 21:05:21 PM »
Does anyone know the website address for Anna bar and restaurant on the seafront. I know they have one but just cant seem to find it. Thanks  :)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Anna bar
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 17:01:13 PM »
Not an answer to the old question above but an update with my experience of the Anna bar.

Animal Aid held a Haloween party there last night, that part of the evening was superb in every way however...

Booked a table for 4 at 7.30 as we decided to eat there to soak up the atmosphere prior to the disco etc. Ordered 4 beers & got the menus, shock horror! The prices can only be described as expensive, this compared to the other establishments in Calis as opposed to the UK although they were getting damn close. We asked if it was a summer "tourist" menu or their normal prices, normal was their reply. 4 beers supped (at 6tl each!) then we went to Serkul 1 for an all you can eat Chinese at 20tl each with beer at 5tl. Anyone who knows me will comment that I am more than happy to pay good money for my grub but I will not be overcharged by anyone, 35tl for a steak is enough to put me off from ordering to begin with.

They missed a simple trick (pardon the pun) last night, a nice set menu at 25tl per head would have netted them 100tl for food & probably the same again in drinks, instead they got 24tl & 3 cokes when we returned, at 3.5tl each for a small glass I might add!

Offline anna-marie01

Anna bar
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 19:48:01 PM »
I totally agree with you Mark. I nearly fell through the floor last night when I found out they were charging 3.5tl per soft drink!! I know the beer prices have gone up (theirs by much more than other bars in Calis)but most other bars only charge 2 or 2.5tl for a soft drink. Not sure how they will fair in the winter with only us 'locals' for custom!!:-\:-\

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Anna bar
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 20:09:29 PM »
After reading that Anna's was great on this Forum.  In September we decided to give it a try as we had never been before.  We duly arrived and it was half empty, but we sat down and found the staff not very friendly.  Got a menu and ordered a meal.  After about 10 minutes a couple of ladies arrived and sat behind us, they ordered their meal.  After a few minutes they got a mezza starter.  I remarked to my husband maybe this was a freebie, but he said they must have ordered it. Ten minutes later, we got the same mezza which was a freebie.  We were just eating it when our meal arrived. The mezza was snatched from the table as we were eating it and the main course put down.  We ate it and it was fine, nothing earth shattering. However, once that was cleared we were left alone, even though the place was by now very empty.  So no dessert menu, no offer of coffee. We asked for the bill and left and decided we would not go back.  No atmosphere at all and terrible service.:(
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 20:09:57 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 20:32:34 PM »
its a shame as the venue is just so perfect for disco and party nights. I cant believe they charge 2tl for a small bardak cay!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 20:44:47 PM »
Did the prices go up for the Halloween party or are they the normal prices there?

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
Anna bar
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 20:47:11 PM »
I was told normal & the menu certainly didn't look as if it had been altered Keith.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 20:52:01 PM »
I only ask because we did a charity night in one of the now gone restaurants (known for being empty but we packed it out) - and rather than be grateful for a full restaurant for a change they hiked up the price of everything. This was in a mid December and the restaurant had 20 bookings for the upcoming Christmas Day Dinner. Sadly for them, they fiddled the prices and bills so much on the charity night, not knowing  that 18 of the 20 people booked for the 25th were there, and they all cancelled.

Sometimes a little vision can be useful.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
Anna bar
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 20:55:48 PM »
Now isn't that strange. I was talking to my friends BEFORE we went out last night about Xmas lunch & having read about last years success with Anna we were going to use it as a trial run. Obviously we are no longer considering Anna for our Xmas day meal!

Edit: I wouldn't have minded if a % had been going to AA, I believe that was refused but willing to be corrected on that.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 20:56:47 PM by Supacabby »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 22:32:58 PM »
had the problems with annas over waitng ages for our meal
gave up in the end and went somewhere else

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf