Author Topic: Anna bar  (Read 10724 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 00:42:03 AM »
To be fair the prices went up a week before the AA do and he did show me the price list on his wall when I went to see him, the draught beer is 5 lira.
Also its not true to say he refused to make a donation, he said he would make one.

The Christmas do is still to be planned and we will review the situation.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 06:53:22 AM »
What you do have to realise is, to put on an event like this you need a dancefloor,soundsystem and lighting, no other bar in Calis has this apart from Scarlett bar also there is the question of capacity.
Mehmet at Anna Bar has all this and he knows it, he is a business man and has little compromise when it comes to negotiating any deals, so we have the choice of paying a little more or going to somewhere which is not purpose built for the event, you can eat elsewhere and have a few drinks before you get there like we do.

We are open to all options if anyone has any ideas but we have been doing this for a few years now and have tried most bars.

This is my personal opinion and not necessarily that of Animal Aid ;)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Anna bar
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 10:19:34 AM »
I agree entirely Tinks, Anna is a superb venue for the type of event you all worked so hard to put on, at a price, but you don't get something for nothing in life!

I stand corrected about the % offer, he should have answered that when asked direct.

My own thoughts, what is wrong with Bostans? I'm sure they could make part of the interior a dance floor, not sure if it's big enough though? Or the Bus Stop? I'm not that clued up on all the local bars yet (still learning on a daily basis lol) but are either of those suitable?

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 13:02:56 PM »
Bus stop maybe ok bigger dance area than annas ,bostans also but bostans dont have much of a sound system where as bus stop has . ;)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 15:13:02 PM »
We stopped going to Anna's when our bill varied each week, despite us having the same drinks each week.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 07:50:31 AM »
The 3 cs have held events at Bostans and they have been very successful mostly down to Carol and Recep knowing what is expected food wise but I agree with Andy space and sound systems are a problem although we can provide our own system when we need to. Food is an issue in most places too and added to that there arent many places open in the Winter months and most of our do's are in The Winter months. It also depends on the type of event. Our country and Western nights and line dancing events are excellent at Guvens because it is well suited to it and also Carol and Guven know what is expected. Both these places give us a contribution to our charity from the food takings. We have never been dissapointed with either venue. We have learned from experience where NOT to go. We also do not have events in areas where other charities hold theirs.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 07:53:36 AM »
Hi Lance I dont think the Bust stop is open in the Winter. We were away for the AA halloween night but my friends went and they had a brilliant night!!!. Sometimes fun is not always about the drinks prices and if AA raised a lot of money then all credit to them. Well done AA.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 08:51:51 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Afrodit

Does anyone know the website address for Anna bar and restaurant on the seafront. I know they have one but just cant seem to find it. Thanks  :)

Does anyone know the answer to the original question?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »
I don't recall ever seeing a website for Anna Bar, there is this though: www.anna-aparthotel.com/

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 14:42:37 PM »
AA had a chat about all this last night and felt that as there's no admission fee and no requirement to eat at Annas that an extra few lire once every few weeks for a really good venue isn't too bad. Hopefully people will agree with this, but if not then please keep us posted as obviously we rely on your support to make it a success

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf