Author Topic: Anna bar  (Read 10727 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Anna bar
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 15:19:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kayakebab

AA had a chat about all this last night and felt that as there's no admission fee and no requirement to eat at Annas that an extra few lire once every few weeks for a really good venue isn't too bad. Hopefully people will agree with this, but if not then please keep us posted as obviously we rely on your support to make it a success

My sentiments exactly Linda a great night was had by all, might have cost a couple of quid more than another venue squashed in with nowhere to strutt my stuff.
mark
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 15:20:38 PM by karaokemark »

Offline Tiff

Anna bar
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 08:09:22 AM »
'AA had a chat about all this last night and felt that as there's no admission fee and no requirement to eat at Annas that an extra few lire once every few weeks for a really good venue isn't too bad. Hopefully people will agree with this, but if not then please keep us posted as obviously we rely on your support to make it a success'

Sorry, but I cannot agree, Anna's Bar should be pleased that you choose their venue and should be less short sighted. By offering reasonable prices and good service they would benefit all winter long.I dont mind paying more if the quality , service and ambience are right ...but Anna's is poor.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 08:38:58 AM »
Where is better?

Offline Tiff

Anna bar
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 08:54:29 AM »
I am afraid I cannot comment ... but surely the charity is also losing out as supporters stay away due to the poor service and inflated prices. I am one ... so will continue to put money in the collection boxes when i see you and buy more of your lovely wine!!!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 09:03:24 AM »
All our regular supporters were there Celia and they all had a great time by all accounts:D

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 09:04:56 AM »
Choices are very limited Andy. You know that and we know that. As with a lot of businesses in Turkey it is a case of think for today and sod tommorow. Its a shame that charities have to be penalised because of the extra drink price. 3 years ago when we held an event at a local bar they decided to put 1tl on the price of effes and donate it to the charity. This unfortunatley wasnt made clear by the bar owner at the time but an ex.member of this forum is still slagging us off about it to anyone who will listen. The beer at the time was about 2tl. Its a fact that some things are out of our control. Drink prices; food quality and service. The charities do their best but again effes price is top priority for some people. Never mind the kids and animals that need the money. Good nights out are in short supply in the Winter and AA  put a lot of hard work into them and they are always a great night out.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 09:15:20 AM by mercury »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 09:14:32 AM »
if we hold a party once a month which is free entrance and no obligation to eat there but has all the facilties you need to create the right atmosphere, don't you think its worth paying a little extra for?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 09:21:18 AM »
Please have a look at these photos and tell us where you think we are missing out.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150342590851914.345330.741226913&type=1&l=93140ae10e

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Anna bar
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2011, 12:13:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

All our regular supporters were there Celia and they all had a great time by all accounts:D

As the person who instigated this "theme" to the topic & having read the various pros & cons can I say this:

AA missed out on 40tl from my party (4 x 10tl of raffle tickets each) & possibly some more from anyone who had a budget set for their evening so holding it at Anna did have an effect on the amount raised. I did not deliberately avoid the raffle, it had been done & dusted before I arrived back having gone elsewhere to eat as the Anna prices were not to MY liking.

Yes, the venue is good BUT that is the only thing in its favour. The negatives outweigh the positives imho, if you disagree then fine. I fully appreciate AA, CCC's etc. have difficulty finding suitable venues & my hat goes out to all the charities for the unselfish work they do to benefit others however I will not support the Anna bar when they do not support the AA in return. I spoke personally to Mehmet & asked him directly about a % of the bar take going to AA & he stated quite clearly there would be none hence I then bought nothing further from the bar.

Andy, you know full well I will continue to help where I can, same with Embrace & the CCC's but next time if you hold a party at Anna then I will only come along to do the pics, if invited  ;)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Anna bar
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2011, 13:16:04 PM »
This is such a thankless job sometimes:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf