Author Topic: Bella Mammas  (Read 4622 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Bella Mammas
« on: June 22, 2010, 11:43:02 AM »
We went to Bella Mammas last night for the first time!

The first thing I noticed was my first drink, I ordered a large beer 4 lira no probs but what you get is a glass that doesnt contain a full bottle, they don't do draught they pour from bottles but you dont get the full bottle, somebody else gets the rest of your bottle and so and so on.
For the next drink we asked the waiter to bring the bottles to the table which he did after an exchange of words with the barman.

I have read many great reports of this place over the last few years and expected something special, but found it all very ordinary to be honest, so a little bit disapointed.

Maybe the beer thing set me off on the wrong foot ;)

Tinx

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 17:23:39 PM by tinkerman »

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Bella Mammas
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 11:49:34 AM »
A fair criticism - I am sure you will have now set a new trend in Calis of drinkers asking for the bottle - good on you!!!!!!

Ian

Ps Every little bit helps - as Tesco would say!  ;)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Bella Mammas
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 12:26:14 PM »
I always do Ian but its not their policy to have bottles on the table and now you know why.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bella Mammas
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »
I thought it may not be their policy to have glasses on the table either - the last time we were in there a glass of wine was ordered, the barman poured it and left it on the bar for the waiter to take, and 15 minutes later I went and got it myself.

Offline BM06

Bella Mammas
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 12:46:47 PM »
The draft efes is always served in a smaller glass, (its known as a tourist glass) try and pour a bottle into the so called pint glass, you will see what i mean, i know this for a fact the brewers say you get 100 glasses to a keg, only if you use the glasses they supply, the normal efes glass gives you about 70, funny you never see the pint glass in winter, when most stop selling the draft, beware of Turks bearing gifts.:-\
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:48:23 PM by BM06 »

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Bella Mammas
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 12:53:50 PM »
Yup, Mr eagle-eyed Pookie noticed this in May - and asked for the bottle to be bought over to the table.

We were also a little disappointed with the meal....we won't be rushing back.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bella Mammas
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 12:56:29 PM »
Now there's a new topic, forget the price of Efes, what about "Where do you get a full pint?"

Or indeed 500ml :P

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Bella Mammas
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 12:59:08 PM »
Myself and friends watched bar staff at the Birlick fill half full bottles which were left on the beach tables fill up put tops on and put back in fridge .i dont use birlick anymore.:( ;)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Bella Mammas
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 16:47:32 PM »
Kenny will never drink draft over there, always insists on bottles and in certain places they still bring a draft to the table in the hope you will say, "oh go on then", its the same when you get a flat or warm coke, they dont like changing it. Must say i have never had a bad drink in Marias,good measure, nice cold coke, spot on.and the bottles of efes are always cold too,

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Bella Mammas
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 17:09:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BM06

The draft efes is always served in a smaller glass, (its known as a tourist glass) try and pour a bottle into the so called pint glass, you will see what i mean, i know this for a fact the brewers say you get 100 glasses to a keg, only if you use the glasses they supply, the normal efes glass gives you about 70, funny you never see the pint glass in winter, when most stop selling the draft, beware of Turks bearing gifts.:-\

Every glass I have draught in has 0.5lt stamp on it, being an ex landlord I am obsessed with full measures. (receiving that is):D
Mark

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf