Author Topic: Bati Cafe Calis  (Read 10868 times)

Offline tony jenkins

Bati Cafe Calis
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2011, 22:27:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by murattuna

anytime .
I have always a cue for good players

Yes, but can Tinks borrow one  :)

Offline patandgra

Bati Cafe Calis
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2011, 10:06:37 AM »
its not screwcaps on wine bottles that turn wine but how long ago the bottle was first opened, better to buy a bottle and have it opened at the table,if for some reason you dont finish it(i realise thats possible) you can always take it with you,it would be better for those that only wanted one glass, sometimes a free one! if the bar/cafe owners used wine from boxes as no air gets in when its poured,by the way does anyone know the best price for a bottle of yakut.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Bati Cafe Calis
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2011, 20:00:18 PM »
When it's just me drinking the wine and we go out most nights for 3 weeks I would have a large collection of nearly full wine bottles.  I did ask for a glass of red wine and was not asked if I wanted any particular wine.  I also asked the waiter to take it away after I had a sip, said I could not drink it and please bring a G.&.T.  He did without any comment.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Bati Cafe Calis
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2011, 00:11:25 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

When it's just me drinking the wine and we go out most nights for 3 weeks I would have a large collection of nearly full wine bottles.  I did ask for a glass of red wine and was not asked if I wanted any particular wine.  I also asked the waiter to take it away after I had a sip, said I could not drink it and please bring a G.&.T.  He did without any comment.

I would have asked for what I wanted [:(!] Or is that too simple [?]

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Bati Cafe Calis
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2011, 07:43:52 AM »
The only reason I mentioned the fact I was not offered a selection is because the owner said the establishment had one.  I have always just asked for a glass of red wine in the Fethiye area and in most establishments you will receive a glass of the house wine, as they are not going to open a bottle of other plonk just for you.  In the U.K. and when travelling in other countries I am used to asking for a glass of red wine and being offered a choice.  It's natural to assume if I am not offered they don't have it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf