Author Topic: ALI's Restaurant - Don't Go!!  (Read 6036 times)

Offline hopwo1n

ALI's Restaurant - Don't Go!!
« on: May 21, 2011, 12:33:12 PM »
It was back in April - so maybe the food has improved? - but in our two weeks in Calis this was the ONLY bad meal we had!! - We were a party of 8 people and were the only people in the place but still had to wait 1 and 1/2 hours for our main course!!!- the starters were ok!! - Beer was warm - but they did apologise, but the food (and we are NOT fussy) was Rubbish - how difficult is it to cook pizza?? - the kids said it was soft and mushy and tasted weird (I tried it too and it did) my Mushroom/Cream pasta has NO mushrooms in it? - and our friends meals were no better - cold and tasteless!! - we complained and were told as it was start of season they had no chef!!?! - Well DONT serve food then!!!!!!! -we asked for a reduction on the bill and they knocked off 10 Lira!!! from an 90 Lira bill (for 4 of us!!) I told them I would tell people howbad it was but he did not seem to care!! - take my advise and go to Casa Di Mama if you want a FAR SUPERIOR pasta or Pizza for the same price and with superb service. Sort yourself out Ali's - oh and a message from my 12 year old son - tell your waiter with the spikey hair to know the difference between being friendly or OVER Familiar - which he was!!! Would not go back here if you paid me!!

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 12:50:34 PM »
Where is Ali's restaurant, sorry it does not ring a bell, I can not picture this one[?]

Offline hopwo1n

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 13:17:42 PM »
Its on the main road leading down from the beach ( with the beach behind you on the right hand side - if you walk over the bridge its the last restaurant on the right - just before a few shops - and next to a money exchange place) honestly - I hate complaining but it really was DIRE and they did not seem to care - such a shame - but it did not put us off Calis or Turkey. It looks really clean from the outside, but the waiter really was too over the top with my son, made him feel very uncomfortable!! - and we are used to the Turks who can be touchy feely - but in a nice way, not a pervy way if you know what i mean!!

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 16:23:36 PM »
We too had a dreadful meal there last year and wouldn't go back. It's had a wee bit of a facelift this year and plays very loud music. We sat in a bar opposite and it seems to be now attracting the youngsters around the bar area within the restaurant.
Not for us either I'm afraid.
:(

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 16:37:31 PM »
Still not 100% sure I am thinking of the right place, is it the one opposite Dawn Beach across the street?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 16:39:50 PM »
yes

Offline miss pentyouth

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 16:21:05 PM »
Just got back and spent a lot of time in Ali's never had a problem with any of the meals, they even cooked me and my daughter a turkish dish which is not on the menu.  Faik and Ali are two of the nicest and friendliest people i know

Offline carlchris

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 21:17:06 PM »
we just got home from two fab weeks in Calis. Unforturnately we went to Ali'S and didnt really have the best time, in terms of. My main meal arrived 20mins before my husbands hence i had finished when his arrived. So although the meals were fine. They appeared to be very dis organised. Sorry would not go there again.:(

Offline Cennet

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 14:40:08 PM »
Worst restaurant in Calis...Can't say too much otherwise Scunner would say i'm persecuting them...Check out my old posts.

Offline Baznshir

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 19:31:26 PM »
We are just back from Calis and my wife and I had several meals with Ali and Faik and found nothing to complain about, in fact, their chicken topkapi is excellent. We have known the lads for seven years and have used their bar over the last four or five and we have always been satisfied with their products and their service. They have never, even when we have had a heavy night, tried to rip us off. I speak as I find and they will do for me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf