Author Topic: BARBELLA Restaurant worth a visit  (Read 2953 times)

Offline patrice

BARBELLA Restaurant worth a visit
« on: July 04, 2011, 12:23:18 PM »
We  have just returned from Calis while there we visited our normal haunts of restaurants
We were passing Barbella's under new ownership  (next to the Meeting point ) it looked inviting so we decided to have a change
What an enjoyable evening. The owner Emre and his girlfriend made us feel welcome,the food was tasty and well presented and the home made apple pie was delicious

Will definately be returning on our next visit.......:D

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 10:55:32 AM »
The Chef Adem is a good guy too,

Ron

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 16:30:10 PM »
Popped into Barbella last night after noticing the winter "special of the day" board outside. Home-made tomato soup with fresh bread/butter & grated cheese + fish chips & peas for 10tl, all of which was very good quality & obviously excellent value for money.

I asked about a desert, didn't fancy the home-made cakes offered so requested an ice cream & fruit sundae. Emre had not made a sundae before & still hasn't lol. I got a huge plate of fresh fruit, 4 "wedges" of ice cream & loads of fresh cream all topped with caramel sauce, totally yummy.

Barbella is open all winter, the 10tl offer extends to the soup of the day & chicken dish, how they do it for that price I don't know. Emres girlfriend (described as "nearly wife" last night lol) makes all the cakes fresh every morning & the winter offer is cake & coffee for 5tl, any-time day or night, gluten free chocolate brownies made with 1 days notice if necessary.

I'll be back!

Offline scorcher

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 16:40:21 PM »
That's what Captain Oates said... nice review though !

Offline patrice

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 18:56:36 PM »
Glad you enjoyed your meal there Supercaddy
We went back there again for a couple of meals in September
As Emre played his ukulele while you have been there ? Quite amusing [: 8)
Lovely people I do hope they make a go of it [^]

Offline CAROL BROWNE

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 01:12:07 AM »
hubby & i went there twice in oct lovely food best we have had & such good value best pankake i have tasted :D:D:D

Offline Kirsty26

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 19:44:27 PM »
I was just reading through the forum post due to not having checked in for ages (oops) and I am so pleased to see that Barbella are getting such great reviews. I was last in Calis August/September and ate there for the fisrt time.
The staff there are amazing and Emre seemed a little upset that I could not eat any of the cakes made by his lovely girlfriend due to me having Coeliac disease. He even asked for a cake recipe that I could eat.
A few days later I went back and was given the most delicious gluten free brownie with ice cream, I was so touched that they had gone to so much effort for me and to see that Supacabby has posted about them still being on the menu has made me excited about my visit this year.
Its a great restaurant with amazing people.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf