Author Topic: Bella Mamma's - an independent review  (Read 9042 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Bella Mamma's - an independent review
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 07:50:20 AM »
We ate there last night for the first time in being here 5 years. It was excellent. I have no idea why we have never tried it before. Probably because it was always full and we thought maybe another night. Anyway it was excellent. A nice dining experience. No loud music blaring out and no in your  face waiters pestering you for another drink.

Offline patrice

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 08:07:03 AM »
We ate there for the first time in June
food was excellent : However the waiter hovered over us all the time and whipped the plates away before we had barely put the cutlery down.Throughout the meal we felt rushed and unable to relax sorry not for us :-\

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 09:25:26 AM »
We where there in June too, and although the food was excellent, could not fault it.  We felt the same as Patrice.   There is no atmosphere in the place you sit down get your meal served really quickly (which is good) but the waiters do hover to clear up quickly and rush you to the next course, so you do feel a bit like being on a conveyer belt.  The place is very efficient at getting people in and out as soon as possible.  We found the food just as good at Casa De Mamas, probably because some of the Chefs and staff are originally from Bella's.  Casa is cheaper the staff are more personable and friendly, and there is no rush.

Offline philrose

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 11:16:28 AM »
Have to agree, since Casa opened we always gone there instead of Bella Mammas as we find it more friendly.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 11:47:18 AM »
Fair enough, but which one is packed out most nights - I wouldn't mind having a restaurant that unfriendly  ;)

Offline Christie

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 12:40:19 PM »
Fortunately we usually eat around 9/9.30 so although we might have to wait just a few minutes for a table we have never felt rushed at Bella Mama.  They are very efficient and we have noticed they always clear the tables away quickly, but we assume it is so the whole place remains looking good and tables are ready for any latecomers.

Offline philrose

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 13:41:45 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Fair enough, but which one is packed out most nights - I wouldn't mind having a restaurant that unfriendly  ;)

Well at the moment they both are :). I personaly give a wide berth to restaurants that have waiters who insist on "entertaining" you ;)

Offline martyl

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 21:42:17 PM »
I used to find Bella Mammas nice, but since trying La Casa Di Mamma three years ago we've never stepped one foot into Bella's whatsoever.  One of the main waiters, Mehmet, is the most genuine people I have ever met in Calis and he always finds time to say hello to the kids no matter how busy they are. 9/10 for Bella's but it's a perfect 10 for La Casa!

Offline philpfister

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 08:29:50 AM »
Just back home after my first holiday in Turkey.

I went to Bella Mamma's with my 13yo son several times, and it became our favourite restaurant.

Good service, good food and real parmesan cheese!

...I'll be back

Offline iancarol

• Hull, UK
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 20:28:03 PM »
found it to be nothing special

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf