Author Topic: Bella Mama  (Read 7823 times)

Offline shawnaleighx

• Newly Registered
Re: Bella Mama
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 22:22:31 PM »
The menu was reasonably priced and it looked very popular so decided to eat there one night. There was a waiting list so they told us it would be 15 minutes. 45 minutes and two other couples seated before us(who were there after us) later we decided to leave. I was appalled by the service they totally forgot about us didn't even say sorry for the wait it may be a little longer. Never tried the food but the service was disgusting.

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 23:21:19 PM »
maybe we can tempt you away from the front in future too Mr H
good luck with that Anne! Can you try keeping John from the Scarlett every night as your next trick?

Offline dollycat

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 21:14:40 PM »
Unfortunately I think I've had to send food back on every occasion I've ever eaten at Bella Mama's......

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 21:33:56 PM »
I can honestly say that in all of the last 7 years & probably IRO of 50 meals (the latest being last Sunday) at Bella Mamas, both food & service have been spot on.

I for one wouldn't go back to a restaurant that continually disappoints, it's not like it is the only one for miles

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 22:24:40 PM »
Unfortunately I think I've had to send food back on every occasion I've ever eaten at Bella Mama's......

Forgive me but why do you keeping going back if you are always disappointed.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 22:30:58 PM »
I find the food to be good, the service efficient and stiff and the drinks slow. But if you want somewhere like (say) Cafe Sol, there are plenty *exactly* like it - when Bella Mammas arrived on the prom it was almost shocking to see someone deviating from the "Prom menu", from the chips/rice/salad holy trinity and from the cheeky chappie out the front trying to charm you in.

So that's a thumbs up from me for Bella Mammas  :)

Offline dollycat

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 23:06:30 PM »
"Forgive me but why do you keeping going back if you are always disappointed".

Well, I suppose it depends on how you would define "keep going back".

I would say that I've probably been about once every other year since it opened. My reasons for going back this "often" are -

1) I read/listen to other peoples reviews and I like to keep an open mind.
 2) If I'm going out with a group of friends who wish to go there then I think it's only polite to go along with the majority.
 3) I'm prepared to give them an opportunity to change my opinion!

I don't have any axe to grind with this place - I just speak as I find that's all.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 23:36:51 PM »
Thank you dollycat  - if you do try again I hope you have a better experience and enjoy your meal.

I am intrigued as to what you found wrong with the food when so many people like it.

Offline janmack

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 23:51:50 PM »
I don't rate this restaurant at all.  My reason is...if I eat a meal and I can reprlicate it and improve (to our taste)....I'd rather eat at home.  Just my feeling on eating out in Calis.

Offline philrose

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 06:07:32 AM »
Whilst I have no problem with the food or service at Bella Mamas (although you would be hard pushed to call the food authentic Italian), I do find that that as a dining out experience it's not that great as they always seem to want to "process" you as fast as possible so they can have the table for the next customer. I personaly like to take my time of an evenings dining and as long as I am eating and/or drinking then that table is mine for as long as I want it or untill they close.
Oh! and also, obviously done to maximise turnover,  the tables far are too close together for an intimate dining experience...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf