Author Topic: Bella Mama  (Read 7822 times)

Offline Christie

Re: Bella Mama
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 13:57:31 PM »
We go to Bella Mama a lot and we have never been rushed, have always been found a table in very short time.  We had to wait just a few minutes back in June - but obviously it is probably much busier now.  They have lost the Manager that was there last year who used to run it really well.  Although, as already said, we had no problems in June.  Food absolutely lovely, my Husband is not too much of a pasta person at home, but cannot get anough of the prawn pasta dish at Bella Mama.  We do tend to eat late (9.00/9.30 ish) so that might be the reason we are not rushed.  As usual, it will be our first port of call when we are back in September.  We do use Bella Mama at lunch times as well, the cheesecake and coffee at 5 tl excellent value.  The lasagna was yummy.   We like the whole dining experience there - nice tables and chairs, nice waiters - attentive but not in your face. 

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 10:56:32 AM »
We have eaten here a few times, the last being on Friday night.  Sad to say wont be going back.  The food was delicious (only had a main) but we were left waiting for an hour.  It wasn't busy when we sat down, we ordered a drink and ordered our food by 8:10 but at 9 had to ask when we might be served with dinner.  Nobody had been near to offer further drinks or apologise for the delay.  Finally served at 9:15 Nobody apologized afterwards or offered a complimentary tea or whatever,  although a 'sorry' would have sufficed.
I accept there can be delays and acknowledge the great food but poor service is a no no for me.

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013, 11:09:53 AM »
Highlander, I'm sure you went this year.  What did you think?  We went last year a couple of times and loved it but this year I had a much less nice meal.  We ordered garlic mushrooms to start with and they had quite a bit too much cumin sprinkled over them which spoiled them for me.  I'd rather they tasted more of garlic as they did last year.  My main meal was grilled sea bass and it was grilled so much it was very dry and chewy.  Peter enjoyed his meal though which was some sort of fish in sauce.  We were told later that their good chef from last year has moved.  Is that true or just one of those rumours do you think?

I think we would go back because any restaurant can produce a bad meal occasionally and we really want it to be good because we loved it so much last year.

Offline Christie

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013, 11:27:03 AM »
We went to Bella Mama quite a few times, lunches and evening.  Mostly it was very good - but we did have a slightly disappointing filet steak there - it was really big and although we asked for a medium - it was rare and a bit difficult to cut/eat.  We should have asked for it to be cooked more but we are a bit stupid sometimes in restaurants and just put up with it.   Apart from that all seemed the same - we mostly had seafood pasta, chicken on plank, fish on plant, lasagne, fillet Swedish.  Great value lunch times.   

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
We did indeed go this year suzzpuss.

Food was ok but somehow not as good as in previous years.

No problem with time bluwise. It's unusual to hear that as they are sometimes accused of whisking people in and out quickly.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 13:06:41 PM »
We stopped going to Bella Mamas a few years ago when some of the chefs and the waiters opened up Casa De Mama.  We found Casa had just the same quality food  which was much cheaper and the staff where  friendly and there was no rush to eat your food.
It seems that Casa De Mama has got really popular as this time each time we passed it was busy and when we decided to have a meal we were welcomed in and remembered by the staff.
We did note this time that Bella Mamas was not busy any night we passed by, there where always empty tables which we have not seen in the past. 
If you liked Bella Mamas would recommend you try Casa De Mama.  ;)  :)

Offline Blindside

• Newly Registered
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 16:24:58 PM »
Second time we've tried here in 2 years.

I really can't say that I enjoy the food there at all. Mussle starter was just strange and dry and the steak dish had so many different things on the plate that it was a mess.

No excuse for really soggy and over cooked veg.

Always packed though but we've eaten out every night for 2 weeks so far and this has been the only poor meal.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 17:10:35 PM »
My sister just messaged me, apparently they had a dreadful meal there last night, complained to the manager who was just arrogant.
They're going to put a report on TA, but I've told them to put on here for better coverage.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 19:20:07 PM »
Stopped going a few years back when they asked us if our meal was ok and I said the steak was not as good as a few nights earlier. Cue no apology, no waiter came near us the rest of the evening ( which was almost over anyway) and no request to see if we wanted desert or coffee.

A simple "sorry" and maybe a free coffee would have made so much difference.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf