Author Topic: Barbella  (Read 9217 times)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Re: Barbella
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 20:00:35 PM »
Funnily I prefer Barbarella which just happens to be next to the Meeting Point too 8)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2012, 08:57:35 AM »
I know this is about Barbella's but I am interested also to know U/R/Dude how the Guniisik can "swindle" you out of any amount of tl if the meal you had was a set price at for example 20tl, there prices are clearly marked up on the boards, I would have just paid what I knew I owed simples!!  :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 11:07:32 AM »
I have been going to Gunilsik and so have many of our friends and they have a huge number of local ex pats and Turks go there. I have never had to question a bill and I am sure that word would have got around by now if they were ripping people off. They are lovely honest hard working people and the best chips in Calis!!

Offline Lynn25

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 14:07:57 PM »
I know this thread isn't about Gunislik but as it has been mentioned, I would just like to say we probably wouldn't eat there again.  We ordered 2 chicken wraps, chips and salad, clearly asking for 1 plain wrap due to egg allergy.  Quoted yamurta allergen as we always do in other places and got a yes, fine and a nod of the head, assuming we had been understood.  Both wraps turned up with mayo/sauce.  We explained politely that we asked for 1 plain, the reason why and could it be changed.  You would have thought the mistake was ours, the plate was snatched away quite abruptly and a lot of loud angry Turkish arm waving between 2 of them.  We waited for the replacement which was brought over and literally chucked on the table, no apology, not even any other communication for the rest of the time we were there.  Needless to say we ate up and left.  I understand mistakes happen but wasn't impressed with the way it was dealt with.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 17:15:05 PM »
There is only one Turkish man waiting on in there called senay. There is also a woman very slim. I am amazed if this was them. More than amazed in fact. I have known them for years and he never gets flustered normally. We eat there on a regular basis and take all our holiday maker friends and they all love the food. Maybe it was a language thing. Sometimes they say they understand when they dont. However there is no need to throw your food at you.

Offline Allibally

• Alba Gu Brath
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 21:31:42 PM »
We went to Barbella's a lot but I've found it can be a bit hit or miss, sometimes you don't get what you asked for or it's very slow in arriving, other times it's spot on.

Emre is lovely, friendly and welcoming and he does try very hard to get it right but when they get a few customers they don't seem to cope very well.

My advice would be to go when it's quiet  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 21:39:22 PM »
I repeat it is disappointing to only feel the need to contribute to the forum to slate someone/something which is the case here. Followed up by an unsubstantiated claim of being ripped off in a second restaurant. I don't take much onboard from either tale - I prefer the opinions I form myself and those of people who didn't turn up five minutes ago.

I have never been to Barbella by the way.

Offline turkey08

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 14:15:53 PM »
I agree the food is great here but Emre wants to learn not to back out on a bet, Man united v gal, we won 1 - 0 pay up your 20 lira  :)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 10:26:19 AM »
Had dinner at Barbellas last night. Wasn't over-busy but several tables eating.  We had a really good meal and served quickly.  One of our best to be fair.  Maybe the message got through?

Offline t_wilkes

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2012, 14:29:16 PM »
I had a lovely Steak Diane in Barbellas in June. The service was excellent. Meal was lovely and the service was just right. I never like to rush things as I'm on holiday. Will definately go again!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf