Author Topic: Barbella  (Read 9216 times)

Offline DANKY

• Never red
Re: Barbella
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 18:57:19 PM »
Constructive criticism can work in the favour of restaurant owners who choose to act in a positive way, i will always make my own mind up and never jump on the band wagon of one or two individuals, but might have a second thought if the majority of people air there views which are either very positive or very negative , lets face it we don't all like Marmite and i could never convince somebody that has tried it and hated it,that is nice,but if you have not tried it and  you say it not nice because your friends, Nans, uncles, cousin,  told you its not nice, then your opinion will count for nothing, there are lots of people on this forum i respect and i value there opinions and there are some people that just go out of there way,and join to discredit someones business you are the only one who can decide who you believe and what action you take, just don't be fooled by every thing you read  ,!!!!

Offline paulc1

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2012, 11:14:49 AM »
never been in barbella before , so glad we went in this time, the people who own it are so nice , mother and son , must admit didn't have anything to eat, but had a few cocktails and they were delicious , will definitely be going back next year .

Offline jackstee

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2012, 15:34:29 PM »
As often around here
"consistantly inconsistant"

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2013, 13:53:42 PM »
Not impressed in the slightest !!!

Had passed bye on a number of ocassions despite being forcibly shown the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence.

Relented one night and went in. Wish I hadn't.

Service was appalling - with all of the staff running around like headless chickens.

Had to ask someone after five minutes if they would like to take our drinks order; came to take our food order fully 15 minutes after we arrived; a further 20 minutes passed before the toast and dips arrived and it was a further 25 minutes before our meal came. During the long wait we were repeatly asked if we won't more drinks - I had thought that Calis had got rid of that old trick.

The "patter" is also of a very poor standard with yer man saying he recognised me but not Brenda. Adding that whilst he could remember a man's face, he could not remember a woman's face, only the jewellery she wore. Oh dear. :-[.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2013, 16:18:27 PM »
Not impressed in the slightest !!!

The "patter" is also of a very poor standard with yer man saying he recognised me but not Brenda. Adding that whilst he could remember a man's face, he could not remember a woman's face, only the jewellery she wore. Oh dear. :-[.

Oh dear it doesnt sound good at all H- I've never been so cant comment. However do you think the jewellry reference is due to his mum having Bellissimo and him working in the trade for years - rather than anything personal about Brenda. Just saying!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2013, 16:27:21 PM »
I didn't take it as a personal slight against Brenda, Cavfan.

I just thought it was a fairly stupid thing to say and I would have much preferred that he concentrated in bringing our food in a reasonable time especially since he has a Certificate of Excellence  ;).

It was clear to me that the majority of people sitting down at the same time as us were equally unhappy wioth precedings.

Offline cazza

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2013, 19:50:44 PM »
I went to Barbella while I was over in June, after reading trip advisor reviews.   I had a nice lunch there, so decided to give it a try in the evening. 

Like H, I found the service to be poor.  It wasn't that busy but they seemed to be struggling.  I was told that my bread and dips was on  it's way but it never arrived.  When my meal eventually arrived, the food was OK, nothing special, so I won't be bothering again. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf