Author Topic: Aydin Pide  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Aydin Pide
« on: November 11, 2012, 18:29:34 PM »
Had not been to Aydin Pide for a while I think partly because the Amber Pide is nearer to us and in August with the heat it was just too hot to walk too far. We really fancied a pide on our recent trip so stopped at Aydin Pide on the way back from the market and we had a lovely meal there, the salad and hot bread they automaically bring you was as good as ever and the pide and pizza's were really gorgeous, also they said they are open all year round so that is handy to know for anyone visiting out of season  :)

Offline cheers

Re: Aydin Pide
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 03:45:57 AM »
Each to their own Karennina.  Went their for years and this year 'Went down the pan'!  Same old I'm araid 'Complacency'!  :(

Offline Steve A

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »
Been going to Aydin for 7 years,never had a bad meal,it is what it is.Yeah it did get a little grubby for a while but last summers clean up was well worth it .Food  and service fine,also great indoors in the winter with the soba on.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 20:11:39 PM »
I agree Steve a while back it did seem to go down hill a bit, I believe in giving praise where due and our meal last month was lovely all of it, their pides are still in my opinion some of the best and the pizza was gorgeous  :)

Offline buddy

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 00:16:33 AM »
I agree with you Steve, it is what it is, and it is part of what attracted me to Calis in the first place. I want it to stay as it is and not turn into some sort of touristy fast food place or try to go 'up market'. Never had a bad meal there, and could sit all day watching the world go by.

Offline philrose

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 06:15:06 AM »
Have to agree with the above cheap and cheerful with an excelent takeout service! Ak Deniz (opposite) is also very good. We tend to alternate between the two.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 08:25:49 AM »
That is funny Buddy same here it was one of the things that attracted me to Turkey six years ago, it was my first ever restaurant we visited and back then it was so cheap (still good value for money)and my first ever pide and I just loved the friendliness of everyone there and everything about it, I wish it was a bit closer to our apartment as the walk in the heat of summer is just too much so we tend to just frequent the restaurants down that way on market day only..   

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 16:57:52 PM »
Firstly i must admit that i am biased as i actually go for a drink with Jimmy to the local bars when i come over,but at the same time i have never found a place anywhere that gives such value for money .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf