Author Topic: at last a proper prawn cocktail  (Read 2022 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
at last a proper prawn cocktail
« on: July 03, 2013, 10:40:27 AM »
Well i found it at last a decent prawn cocktail the same price as all the rubbish ones 11.50 Bella Mamas  spot on a proper restaurant .

Now i shall tell you of my one before last prawn cocktail ,what on earth goes through brains of these so called chefs why do they mess with peoples food .right good reports about this place here  goes prawn cocktail  1 squat sundae glass quite a big glass looked good seemed to be plenty of prawns sauce looked good ,sprinkle of paprika looks good slice lemon on the rim ,slice of lime on the rim still looking ok ,and then i noticed a big wedge of orange  i start to panic, underneath the prawns a thick slice of orange so the prawns are now sitting on top of the orange slice not good,underneath the orange slice very very thick red jelly raspberry or cherry ,hang on thats not all ,next thing is he's lighting a bloody  sparkler bearing in mind i dont know this guy ,and he doesn't know i come from south london
i did  say my names not trotter ,he smiled so did everyone else i didn't ,well prawns on top quite good ,wait for it being rather warm outside the jelly melted so the orange had gone under the red liquid all the prawns of course had gone in it as well ,so nice big red prawns orange raspberry flavour ,i wont go again it.s ashame out of 7 people 1 enjoyed ,9 year old girl got chicken fillets in stead of nuggets .Well here goes it was the meeting point first and last time.
dont say lovely people you should have told him he dished it up so he knew.and the pepperd steak i had was not good .

Offline scorcher

Re: at last a proper prawn cocktail
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 12:38:32 PM »
Egon Ronay would be proud of you Lance !

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 14:47:19 PM »
Oh Lance, I know you are frustrated but that was so funny.......

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 17:34:46 PM »
Lance glad to hear that you have been successful in your quest for a decent Prawn Cocktail in Calis.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 20:15:45 PM »
Now i have to find one of my italian favorites OssoBuco,bella mama's dont do it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf