Author Topic: authentic turkish restaurant  (Read 8170 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: authentic turkish restaurant
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 10:38:59 AM »
We have a long promenade entirely lined with restaurants and they all prefer to sell chicken kiev or pasta - it can't be that it is all down to what people want. It is in my opinion down to a slight misinterpretation of what they think people want.

There's no convincing me that instead of 40 restaurants selling spaghetti bolognese and steak with cheese on top, we couldn't have 39 of them and one highly successful ocakbasi style restaurant, right there on the Turkish coast with their Turkish chefs.

And once someone has broken ranks and done it, and held their nerve long enough to realise they don't have to have every dish on the planet on their menu, maybe even another one could open a Turkish restaurant, making it 2/38.

Crazy I know.

Offline IanK

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 13:08:37 PM »
We like Turkish food, rather than Indian, Chinese, Itallian etc when we are in Calis, but we also like to have dinner on the sea front rather than in town surrounded by buildings and traffic.

So, which restaurants serve the most "authentic" Turkish food, in good location such as the sea front ?

Ian

Offline Harmless

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 13:11:15 PM »
Megri Lokanta in Fethiye on Carsi Street (one way system) and of course Gar or Seckin lokanta at otogar.   

Offline Menthol

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 14:16:08 PM »
The lokantas for food in less scenic surroundings and a drink on the prom afterwards then?

Offline Harmless

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 14:52:42 PM »
Yep

Offline sunlover

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 15:21:28 PM »
We love to go to Seckin at Gunlukbashi as its authentic turkish food there and always full of local people, no you dont get the sunset and sea view but for a change you can see what we call real people going about there day to day life in there country and we love to see that, dont get me wrong we love to watch the sunset in Calis, but to see the locals going  about there day to daylife and see how they live is what we love to see. 

Offline Eric

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 15:29:20 PM »
For genuine specialty dishes from Hatay, a south eastern province of Turkey, you can't beat The Mozaik Bahçe (Mosaic Garden) restaurant in Fethiye.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 16:07:12 PM »
So no recommendations for Calis, which was the question  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 17:57:22 PM »
We have had lovey Turkish meals at the restaurants in Calis nothing wrong with them.  It's not compulsory to have rice and chips.  We love the lamb shank had a very nice one in the new Vojo.   However, my all time favourite is Chicken Topkapi at George's whereas Phil's favourite is the liver, he loves it.  All the restaurants along the front serve Turkish Food and we have always found it very good.

Offline Rayza

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 20:22:02 PM »
Try Aroma restaurant on the prom. Superb Turkish food

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf