Author Topic: Anna's Restaurant and Bar  (Read 3313 times)

Offline DebbieN

• Newly Registered
Anna's Restaurant and Bar
« on: September 30, 2013, 21:17:50 PM »
Anna's restaurant has to be one to be avoided. In six years of coming to Calis Beach this was our worst dining experience.  The staff are only interested in talking you into a 'Special Turkish Claypot' with meat and prawns.  The meal was average but it is not on the menu and they charge what they like. This one dish cost us 85 lire by far the most expensive we could find on any menu on Calis Beach. The best restaurants only charge 30 lira for a 14 oz fillet or 22 oz T Bone steak. To make it worse they burned my fish meal so we ended up eating separately.

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 22:01:16 PM »
Earlier this year we went there for a snack during the day, we were persuaded to have a mixed grill, not our usual type of meal for an afternoon. We got kofta meat, a skinny lamb chop a tiny bit of salad plus the obligatory rice, I had ice tea, hubby had an efes, we nearly fainted when we received a bill for 97 ytl. Needless to say we haven't returned.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Re: Anna's Restaurant and Bar
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 22:57:38 PM »
never been since we waited nearly 1hr for our meal after our starter,but the waiter kept coming up for our drinks order

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 23:02:40 PM »
We went about 3 years ago and there where few people in there, yet it took so long for us to get someone to bring a menu and some drinks.  Then we waited so long for our meal, we think they forgot us as we watch a table that came in after us being served their meal.  We asked where our meal was and was told it was coming. After a longer wait the meal arrived.  It was nothing special.  We where going to have a drink but no one came near us.  We decided to leave.  We asked for the bill and then put the money down.  We got up and left and no one came to say goodbye.  We never went back, far too many other good places in Calis to choose from.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 12:20:17 PM »
Sorry to hear this,use this place often,have always had good service and the food is as good as most of them on the front and have never paid over the odds.never been persuaded to buy anything particular either

Offline makemwonder

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 12:54:33 PM »
Not been in there for a few years after twice being ill after 1 drink first time I gave it the benefit of the doubt but the 2nd time my friend and I had 1 vodka diet coke each and again we were both ill within an hour of drinking it so I wont be giving it a 3rd go, it used to be one of our favourite places to go but not anymore.

Offline gyr

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 13:43:55 PM »
We had a really bad experience last week when they tried to overcharge us – we will never return.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 13:56:24 PM »
Very sad - it used to be the only place on the entire front that stayed open throughout winter. Memories of cosy evenings, roaring fires and a great atmosphere. The food was very good then too, and it was very busy (not least because most places were closed!).

In recent years when we passed it, as we often do, we noticed it was either almost empty or completely empty.

Offline marina

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 14:31:27 PM »
Can someone remind me where Anna's Bar is please?  I know it's not one we've used much but can't place it either!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 14:36:22 PM »
It's a left turn after the water taxi bridge - between the bridge and the Mutlu.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf