Author Topic: Ada Restaurant  (Read 3302 times)

Offline mac2010

Ada Restaurant
« on: July 05, 2014, 08:42:03 AM »
We had looked forward to this so much for our friends had heard us talk about this place so much as we have been a few times last year and loved it ,speed boat pickup perfect my friends really felt special,island looked wonderful welcomed at the jetty perfect, table and location perfect. And that's where it ends service poor, starters poor,never seen chicken wings that looked boiled instead of fried,prawns in a sauce of oil and herbs not nice meze's small and tasteless,main meals no better in fact had much better at many other places,and to top it all off the bill,talk about over priced poor quality food and slack service. Made our thoughts clear, poor chef to blame as he is new(no excuse) paid the bill left and shall not return.When compared to Casa De Mama's, MOD and Yacht classic which we had been too a few days before Ada is not be in the same league anymore  :( :(

Offline davybill

Re: Ada Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 11:35:16 AM »
Thanks for that information,we were going to take my daughter in law and son this week as birthday treat,
But that has changed my mind.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 11:43:39 AM »
This is totally mystifying as we had a wonderful time, food was very good and staff were brilliant.  We could not have had a better night out and even lovely cake for free from the Chef.
So Mac, what did they say when you complained and did you really have to pay the full bill after you did complain??   
It's always best to get the views of the restaurant when you have not enjoyed your meal so they can make amends. 
I see already someone is not going and I would hate to lose this lovely place from one bad comment amongst so many good ones.
We are looking forward to going back in a few months and nothing would stop us as we loved the place.
  :) :D

Offline sadler

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 11:48:58 AM »
This seems to happen so often. A place gets a good name then for some reason seems to rest back on their laurels and it all goes belly up. Let's hope this was just a bad night although when you are dependant on your reputation and word of mouth they cannot afford any bad nights! Consistency has to be maintained.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 15:44:48 PM »
Jacqui, mac2010 said they did make their views known and they said it was blamed on the new chef!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 17:03:35 PM »
Yes, I see that but I am surprised if they complained that the did not get a reduction in the bill. 

Offline davybill

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 18:38:22 PM »
Well some people with friends feel embarrassed they can't be bothered to complain,
And just want to get out of the restaurant.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 11:34:10 AM »
I hope it was just a bad night as i said in my post we had been a few times before and it was more for our friends enjoyment so I did not fuss as I did not want them to feel awkward.I felt more let down as I had built this place up as something amazing for them and it fell short but we did not want any bad ending to the evening.Some one else will go and post a great review and I hope they do as they might have different food and not have problems.My post was based on that evening and our food selection.Maybe next time we will stick to salad and fish if we chance it again.  ;)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 12:42:46 PM »
Thanks for the review Mac. I've always been a great fan of Ada and I was going to take a party of six friends over on Thursday this week, after reading your review I'm not going to risk it. There are far to many top class and consistently good places with the 'wow' factor for us to risk one of our friends special nights. I will give it a try later in the season when the chef is either not so new, or has been replaced.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 14:29:42 PM »
True to my word went again on Sunday for sunburning and swimming as the wife insisted.Soft cushioned sunbeds, ice cold beers and wine. Great beach service and very peaceful .Decided to try lunch and had a very tasty burger and looking at other people around us everybody seemed happy with their food .Service much improved and can not fault the food this time,might try giving it another go for the evening.   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf