Author Topic: Bella Mama  (Read 4821 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Bella Mama
« on: August 30, 2014, 23:07:27 PM »
All ways used to be the best place ,but just lately a few complaints so i thought i would give it another try, 7.30 thıs evening the place almost full 9 very smart staff all knew what they were doing ,ordered bottle water came wıthin 3min .one garlıck bread wıth cheese for stater one very big  COLD prawn cocktail 11 lge prawns one good sized bream lge salad plus a few chips on side plate,one very very good lasagne almöst as good as mine wıth side salad,one bottle of sultania 40 tl total of bill 110 tl the food was first class service excellent,so still my number one.  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Bella Mama
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 23:34:28 PM »

one very big  COLD prawn cocktail

:D

Thanks Lance, reviews are so useful and important here.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 23:35:40 PM »
You'll be glad you went back Lance. Good review.   :)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 07:48:27 AM »
Try Casa de Mamas Lance, I find it much better, more food for your money, always more people in than Bellas. I m o.  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 09:10:48 AM »
I talked my daughter into going to Casa De Mama by telling her we stopped going to Bella Mamas and found Casa much better and cheaper.
Two weeks ago my daughter, son in law and granddaughter ate at Casa de Mama  She told me the place was packed and the service was terrible.  They waited 1 hour for their food and it was put on the table and the waiter walked off.  So no traditional pepper mill and no cheese put over the pasta.
They wanted more drinks and could not get a waiter over.  They also wanted dessert but no one came near them.   They said they would never go back.   They did go to Bella Mamas a few days later and really enjoyed the meal and the service. 
I hope this was a one off, but I am disappointed to have recommended the place to them when they experienced such bad service.

Offline davybill

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 09:32:31 AM »
yes with the restaurants around Fethiye area, a lot of swings and roundabouts.
if you recommend  one, you have to say well it was nice when i went there,

Offline Old Nick

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 09:33:07 AM »
Bella Mamas has always been our preferred eatery and that of family members who have holidayed in Calis. Never experienced bad service or food below expectations.  Prices slightly high, but find that acceptable if everything comes up to scratch.  Good review Lance. (By the way, shouldn't an authentic prawn cocktail be slightly warm or even verging on hot!!!!!!) :)   ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Offline Christie

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 17:58:53 PM »
Bella Mama is our favourite restaurant - so it is good to see Lance's favourable review.  Never had a bad meal there and the staff are always friendly and efficient there.   

we have tried casa de mama - but we just feel the tables are too cramped in, and the meals are too big for us - we can just about get through the lovely meals in Bella Mama.   it will be our first port of call when we are back again in September. 

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 18:09:45 PM »
The same happened to us on our last two visits to Casa de Mamas Jacqui.
Friends from Violet go on a regular basis and were making excuses that they were busy that night.  Sorry, May is only the begining of the season and if you can't get it right then you've no chance during the height of the season.

Bella Mamas every time for us.  We always have great service and fabulous food there.  Glad you gave them another try and enjoyed it Lance

Offline pops

• Craig
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 18:36:56 PM »
Are both of these places on the prom?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf