Author Topic: Amour Restaurant  (Read 3355 times)

Offline sadler

Amour Restaurant
« on: September 20, 2014, 07:45:43 AM »
Ate here last night with friends who recommended it, who were going to stay there for 4 nights as their apartment rental ended slightly before their departure. I must say that we probably would not have contemplated going in if we were strolling along the prom, as it has quite a small frontage and looks slightly shabby. Once seated though, we were given garlic bread and dips, on the house, not an unusual gesture, but they were slightly different to the norm and delicious. We were then asked to browse the menu, with the owner giving a full description of any dish we asked about and recommending various dishes. When the meal arrived, it was possibly the best (or one of the best) meals we have eaten in Turkey, and all on our table agreed that it was superb. We were then offered coffee or tea again on the house. A definite favourite of ours now!   :)   :)   :)

Offline Bluwise

Re: Amour Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 08:05:45 AM »
Where abouts on the prom Sadler?

Offline sadler

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 08:13:27 AM »
This is quite a way along going past cassa de mamas. I didn't make a note of its neighbours! but I think it is before the Leetoon. I forgot to add that the meals came with veg, carrots, green beans,etc, a small mound of rice, which was very light, and "chips" which were potato wedges, not an ounce of fat on them. They also had a diet section on their menu. Very, very impressed indeed!

Offline sadler

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 16:56:40 PM »
Sorry hubby just informed me that it could be called Aroma, but whatever, it has a short name starting with an A.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 17:37:39 PM »
Great, thanks for that.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 19:54:00 PM »
Yes, there is a restaurant called Aroma that end of the prom

Offline sadler

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 10:46:55 AM »
Yes, sorry everyone it is the Aroma. I would change the heading but can't see how to do it. It would be a shame if my stupid mistake causes people to miss this place. Maybe if I shout AROMA on Calis Beach Prom excellent restaurant,  ;D 8)  ;) ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 12:41:34 PM »
Love is in the air  :)

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 18:55:55 PM »
I recommend Aroma to anyone who asks where to go for a great meal. I was also pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and service. It is next to Merhaba and the manager is equally attentive to all customers, not just a few favorites as I have seen happen in other places

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 12:37:34 PM »
Te Aroma is owned by Mustapha (Mozzie) who used to be the front man of the Merhaba Restaurant. I think this is his second season. One of Calis's genuinely 'nice guys'.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf