Author Topic: Pelikan/Pelican restaurant- bad experience, suggest you avoid  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Jasonorris

• Newly Registered
Pelikan/Pelican restaurant- bad experience, suggest you avoid
« on: September 25, 2014, 12:20:54 PM »
We don't usually have lunch along the waterfront in Fethiye but were with friends who had never visited before, so gave it a go after doing the market.

We stopped in Pelican (seemingly spelt Pelikan) for the 18 lira fish lunch, and we all regretted it. We waited 40 minutes for the meal, playing 'drinks chicken' as the staff kept looking at us and waiting for us to finish our beers to make sure we ordered more. We saw this and took our time, asking them where our food was while watching other orders coming out that the staff had no idea who to give to.

We got out fish and over fried crispy chips and had to make a point of asking for cutlery after it was served, which they had forgot about, while being asked a few times if we wanted more beers. We found out the Fees cost 11 lira each, more expensive that much nicer places, so I guess this is where the profit is.

Lesson learnt I guess, we will avoid this tourist trap in the future and I advise others to do the same.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Pelikan/Pelican restaurant- bad experience, suggest you avoid
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 12:25:16 PM »
Thanks for the info Jason - I've moved it here because it is a review. Sadly not a positive one!

Offline philrose

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 12:37:41 PM »
Never been there but the owner always seems very pushy to get you inside. I also remember that when the pelicans used to hang out by his place he had a collection box outside on it was written "For food for pelicans"....A bit of a scammer methinks..

Offline thebillet

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 13:53:10 PM »
Yep sounds like them. Bit late perhaps for you but if you walk further from the pelican (keeping the pelican on your right) you will come to the last mini café with red umbrellas opposite the fish and chip boat. 7try for fish in bread nicely cooked no beer but a great snack.

Offline lissa

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 21:07:04 PM »
Or maybe walk the other way, along the prom towards Calis, when you reach the 'heads' monument, cross the road, take the road opposite you, about a 100 metres on, there is the Kosem restaurant who do great fish and chips. Also other dishes. Family run and friendly.

Offline lissa

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 21:11:46 PM »
Forgot to say, served with salad or peas. bargain and delicious! Think price ıs 13 lira.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 08:43:12 AM »
I remember this place from several years ago, we got harassed by the owner every time we walked past. So foolishly, we decided to give it a try one day, we had breakfast, the food was awful and swimming in grease. Never again, we even walk round the back of this place to avoid it now.

Offline IanK

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 17:42:28 PM »
We stop for a drink there occasionally (maybe 3 times a year) and on one occasion I left my camera there.  I returned the next day and before I had spoken, he said "camera" - and went to get it.

We have had lunch there once and an evening meal just once - since he moved to the new place that is. On both occasions we had fish and I would say it was fine - not fantastic but nothing to complain about.

The last time was in April this year - so things must have changed.

Ian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf