Author Topic: Best food ever  (Read 4528 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Best food ever
« on: January 16, 2015, 11:21:19 AM »
Went to the mandalin (Akkent garden hotel) last night live music ,getting on for 50 people in there 30 on one table  for party ,i was a bit worried about long delays for food but no problem service great ,well i have say that by far it was the best meal we have ever had in turkey everything was spot on ,my wife had smoked salmon for starters far tö much for her to eat so i had to help her save wasting it ,i ordered a  sea bass
the day before ,they even boned it for her saved me from doing it ,i had prawn salad cold prawns and sauce ,and a peppered steak best steak i have had over here ,brown crispy chips fresh ones and a beautiful coleslaw ,well done to them .  :)  :)  :)  :)

Offline kawasakikid

Re: Best food ever
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 14:20:50 PM »
Hi Lance- really glad you enjoyed your meal and that the service was good, considering the number of people they had to cater for on that evening.  I'll have to give it a try sometime as I have heard lots of other good reports about this place.

I just hope they can keep it going. The biggest problem for restaurants and other eateries here is the lack of consistency.  You can go on one occasion and the food is fabulous (and recommend it to a friend), then on another the standard has slipped.  The waiting staff may have changed or another chef has been brought in.  Those restaurants that can crack this problem are the ones that do well with a lot of repeat business. A simple concept but one that eludes a lot of restaurants here.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 18:54:12 PM »
hi lance. spoke to u last night at mandalin. imo the service was not too good but when it came it was fine. the fact that we were sitting in a company maybe did not make for a fast service although they knew 4 days in advance of what everybody was ordering. some of our company waited for over 2 hours for a main meal. however we will be going back again when we are not in a big company which maybe then we can judge better re service. in saying that what an amazing change in this hotel. the décor and outside was absolutely first class. obviously spent a great deal of money on refurbishment. well worth a visit.

Offline snowtop

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 20:03:17 PM »
4 of us went to-night and everything was spot on.
I told Ali, the waiter that ı would have had the seafood pasta but it wasn't on the menu.  A couple of seconds he was back and he said no problem.
A very enjoyable meal.

Offline pauline

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 20:21:06 PM »
Been twice, Joseph is very helpful and pleasant and doing a great job. He seems to do most of it on his own. Food very good and refurbished very tastefully. Definitely go again.

Offline snowtop

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 08:30:27 AM »
Forgot to mention on my previous post that Ali at the Mandalin had prepared a table for two by the fire with balloons all over the place for a birthday meal.
I think it unfair that the couple never turned up leaving Ali and staff wondering why.
If you book a special table and cannot turn up, at least have the courtesy of telling the restaurant so they do not keep an empty table all night.

Offline pauline

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 21:50:19 PM »
Totally agree how inconsiderate! !!

Offline poppy50

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 15:13:55 PM »
Recently had a couple meals at Mandalin restaurant.  Must say the food is of a good standard.  We had the chicken shish and tasted beautiful.  The food had been Charcoal grilled and plenty of it too. We didn't have a starter because wouldn't have been able to fit it in.  Can recommend the pepper steak too.  The only down side was the place felt a bit cold in places but they soon sorted that out by plugging in an electric fire.  Thoroughly enjoyed listening to the live duo on Friday night too.  Overall a good evening.   :)

Offline tonyb

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 17:55:21 PM »
Where exactly is the Akkent Garden Hotel please? Sounds well worth a try.

Offline philrose

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 06:56:28 AM »
Next to the law courts, opposite Kipa \ Alo 24......

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf