Author Topic: Bella Mamas 10 out of 10  (Read 16707 times)

Offline dycedon

Re: Bella Mamas 10 out of 10
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 13:43:58 PM »
We havent eaten in there for approx 4 years due to the fact that three of us ordered lasagne and it arrived stone cold, we complained, nobody interested, full bill, nothing off, argued with them, basically was if you dont like dont come back and we havent, if i am asked for a reccommendation i always reccommend Casa da Mammas. The thing is i used to like the place but no more.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 13:44:49 PM »
I would rather Bella Mama's professional, efficient approach rather than have a smiley chatty waiter trying to cover up inferior service...... Highlander.
---------------------------------------------------------
i cannot agree with this, there are many restaurants in Calis that give you great food and wonderful service that that is not inferior..  In fact, you yourself H, have given awards to the Meeting Point.  A place that is so warm and friendly, they always give you a great welcome and the food and service are really good, probably why they have won the CBF award for two years.   As as for being busy with bums on seats, it is best to get their early, as it is always full and a lot cheaper than Bella Mamas.  Unlike Bella Mamas, you always get a free starter and are not rushed out at the end of your meal you are welcome to stay and are alway offered a free cay or coffee.   :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 14:12:26 PM »
Jacqui - a few points if I may.

Hard as it may be to believe but I am aware that there are restaurants that give great food and service.

But, I have on more than one occasion had an experience where a waiter has tried to cover up inferior service by being over chatty.

I am sure that Mehmet likes chatting to his customers but I am equally sure that he wants to put as many bums on seats as he can.

I seriously doubt that The Meeting Point is "a lot cheaper" than Bella Mamas.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 15:40:34 PM »
Over three weeks in Turkey last year on our last visit, ate out most nights.  Meeting Point was the cheapest meals we had.
I cannot recall any waiter being over chatty to cover up inferior service as I find the service in all the places we visit is so good.
It would also seem that Dycedon suffered inferior service from Bella Mamas and they don't chat at all.  ;)

Offline devindazzle

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 15:52:08 PM »
Personally i think the best Italian place was La Soranata in Fethiye.  I think that closed for them to open Bella Mamma's?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 17:57:15 PM »
Jacqui - we will have to agree to disagree on prices in The Meeting Point and Bella Mamas (at least until I get there in the summer)   ;).

But have you never had poor service in a Calis Restaurant  :o :o :o

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2015, 17:58:04 PM »
When Bella Mammas opened it was a revolution on the prom - there was now them and around the same time the Lighthouse - doing new things in terms of menu and service. And 28 other places doing the same menu as next door with rice chips and salad.

For me it was a much needed opportunity to have a meal with the family without the waiter larking about or worse still wanting to show me the plans for his father/uncle/cousin's new apartment project. It was nice to have the choice - if you wanted efficient and a bit stiff they provided that, and if you wanted banter and a kiss (   ;) ) then you went elsewhere. Sometimes we went there just for that - to be left alone :D

We haven't been in Bella Mammas for a few years now - mainly as we tend to stay in Calis but eat in Fethiye. I know a few people who have had what they consider to be a bad meal there but I can honestly say I've never once had a bad meal, nor any of the family or anyone we have been there with.

I think we might be eating there this year   :)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2015, 18:42:26 PM »
Personally i think the best Italian place was La Soranata in Fethiye.  I think that closed for them to open Bella Mamma's?

Both were open concurrently for several years. La Seronata closed for the usual reason, a ridiculous rise in the rent.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2015, 21:23:02 PM »
I used to like the Italian in Paspatur, think it was called Il Floria or something like that.
I cannot recall poor service, but we had a bad meal at Serkul I and would not go back.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 22:09:46 PM »
Il Fiore in Paspatur was always our favourite place to dine, we were saddened when it closed a few years back.  Baris, their charming front of house man now works at the restaurant directly opposite the amphitheatre.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf