Author Topic: Bella Mamas 10 out of 10  (Read 16709 times)

Offline dycedon

Re: Bella Mamas 10 out of 10
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 09:35:36 AM »
Got to agree with Il Fioria, was really good and friendly, yes Baris is working in the place at the end of the Marina, across from where all the banks are cant remember the name but we ate there a few times last year and the food was good.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 08:05:19 AM »
We tried Bella Mammas last night on the strength of the good reviews on here and had a very nice meal. I tried the famous lasagne, asking for a small portion (because I get shy tummy when I see too much food on my plate!) Well it was a perfect size and truly delicious, I will def have that again. M had chicken Snitzel which was also very good, juicy, not dry which it often can be. Wine was reasonably priced too. We will return! ;D

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 10:08:59 AM »
That's beautifully put Lotty, I too have a "shy" tummy when I see a plate full of food that I know I cant eat.  When eating in Turkey I always ask for the chips to be omitted only for the plate to be filled with extra rice or salad!!

Offline Lotty

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 10:48:42 AM »
There was absolutely no embellishment on the plate echogirl1, only the lasagne (about a child's portion) perfect! To accompany it there was just the perfunctory small dish on the side with careful rows of salad, shredded carrot, cucumber and tomato if you wanted it. Nice :D

Offline Christie

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 11:21:21 AM »
We also prefer smaller meals, although i do find the normal portion of the lasagne from Bella Mama is ok, and i can get through it and enjoy the meal. Agree also the wine is very reasonable there.   We often have the lasagne for one at lunch time and share it.  When we go to the Meeting Point I ask Ahmet for a small portion of his lovely chicken curry and that is exactly what I get, and thoroughly enjoy.   It is such a shame when presented with a large plate of food, you feel beaten before you start, and feel embarrassed at leaving so much.   

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 11:29:46 AM »
I must ask this question although it would not bother me at all.  Do you pay the same as the normal portion if you ask for a smaller portion ?

Offline Christie

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 11:43:52 AM »
We generally find the price is the same.  Can't answer for Bella Mama as have never asked for a small portion there. 

Offline Lotty

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 12:02:53 PM »
M thinks we were charged a reduced rate of 12tl but not sure. I would have paid whatever the regular price was anyway. The meal was just right for me.  :)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 17:16:40 PM »
I do not mind paying for a full portion rather than feeling ill at the sight of too much food.  The times I have returned home with a plastic bag full of left overs, though when this happens at home the dog is always pleased to see me!! The 1st time we went to Calis we were presented with a puffa bread each with assorted dips and a plate of salad.  Needless to say I didn't eat any of my main course but I livened up a slightly sad looking street dogs evening!!

Offline sadler

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2015, 18:03:34 PM »
Soooooooo pleased to see this thread as I too cannot eat if I have a huge meal put in front of me; one of the reasons I cannot do AI as the table full of food just makes me clam up! Love Bella mammas and stayed a couple of days in their pent house apartment a couple of years ago. I will now have no embarressment in asking for a small portion. I have always worried previously that if I left a large portion the owner would be under the impression that there was something wrong although I have always tried to impress that it was because of my small appetite!  I have no problem with paying the price of a normal sized meal but would much prefer to be given the option of a smaller meal size.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf