Author Topic: Aroma beach bar and restaurant - worst meal ever  (Read 4082 times)

Offline Susiepink

Aroma beach bar and restaurant - worst meal ever
« on: July 05, 2015, 07:23:31 AM »
We were persuaded by the guy out front to give their restaurant a try last night, so in we went. We regretted it from the moment we sat down, there was a Turkish guy singing, and he was the worst singer I have ever heard, he sounded like he was groaning. However, we went ahead and ordered food as if the food was good it didn't matter. First of all the prices are the most expensive I have seen, steaks at 50tl, calamari at 55tl, so I decided to order the fish at 35tl. It was supposed to be cod in a white wine and mushroom sauce, well the sauce was non existent, and the fish was dry, hard and chewy, I couldn't eat it and asked for the fish to be parcelled up for me to take home for the cat. My friend didn't fare any better, she ordered seafood stir fry and it was just swimming in grease, she couldn't eat hers either. When they eventually came to take our plates away, about 30 minutes after we had put our cutlery down we complained about the quality of the food, we were given a 13tl discount off our bill. Not good enough Aroma, not good enough at all, it really was the worst meal I have had in Çalış.

Offline cheffy

Re: Aroma beach bar and restaurant - worst meal ever
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 07:41:13 AM »
That's ashame, looks like we had a lucky escape, the guy was trying get us to eat there too, but we were off to see rod, but I have to disagree with the comments about the singer being the worst you've heard, you haven't heard me sing!

Offline patrice

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 08:05:16 AM »
Not for the list then  :o ???

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 08:47:45 AM »
I recommended the Aroma when thry first opened this season we have never been in the evening only for the day...however I went there for the day a couple of weeks ago and seemed very different, none of the nice touches we had experienced before and there was a new menu with price increases, my meal was delivered super fast a chicken wrap and I keft a lot of it as I was not certain that it was cooked properly, I could not believe the difference to the start of the season :D

Offline yabanci

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 09:01:59 AM »
We noticed the sudden price increases at the Aroma Beach Bar as well.When querying the bill on our last visit we were told prices had gone up due to the election. :-\ :o

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 09:20:33 AM »
We heard that singer as we passed by the Aroma, he sounded like cinders under a door.  We both remarked that we would not be eating  there if he was the entertainment.  So, seems like we had a lucky escape thanks to the singer.  :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 10:11:55 AM »
Sorry to hear this
We had a couple of lovely lunches there when we were over earlier in the year
Why, when they get it right do the feel the need to change things?

Offline davybill

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 10:37:24 AM »
We went to a Wedding Anniversary at the Aroma, and had a lovely barbecue.

Offline snowtop

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 11:14:55 AM »
I stopped there one night for a beer and thought they guy at the microphone was having a pee taking session and would suddenly sing properly.
I did say to the guy at the gate that was the worst performer (he is not a singer!) I had heard and he agreed with me. 
No way would I hack that noise for a night.
No comment on the meal as I didn't eat there.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 05:14:42 AM »
he sounded like cinders under a door.

What the heck does that mean?? :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf