Author Topic: Bella Mamas Excellent  (Read 6132 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Bella Mamas Excellent
« on: May 22, 2016, 09:50:33 AM »
Gave Bella Mamas a try last night,  Not as full as usual, so easy to get a table.  Service was very quick and the food was excellent could not fault it.  One thing I have noted before, the Irish or Amaretto Coffee is the best in the area, as the cream on the top is not spray cream but real thick double cream and last right through the drink.   Great night and will visit again.   ;)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Re: Bella Mamas Excellent
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 11:45:15 AM »
Went to Bella Mamas on Thursday night with my daughter, son-in-law and two grandkids. The service was absolutely abysmal and all the staff had faces like "slapped arses". At one stage I saw a waiter arguing the toss with a chef.  Friends renting at Violet also went and found the same. Waiters manner bordering on ignorance. They left without tipping and my daughter says she will not go again.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 12:37:05 PM »
We have never been for years for exactly these reasons,argumentative ,ignorant staff and when I raised an issue the manager was no better .We much prefer the friendlier casa Di mama where I think the food is just as good but the service eminently better.I get Bella Mama being considered a bit posher but doesn't wash with me.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 13:24:46 PM »
It had fallen off our must do list for no particular reason and we went last year for the first time in years - mainly because we were staying there - and I must say we thoroughly enjoyed it. I do understand how people find it a bit stiff and not over friendly but you get all the banter etc in lots of places so I quite like the occasional meal without.

Offline davybill

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 14:03:18 PM »
We went last week, food was lovely, Waiters very friendly although busy, went past there last night, place full.
carried on down the front and surprized, Casa De Mammas, only two tables being used. Also Meeting point very quiet.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 17:52:42 PM »
We have known the head waiter at Cassa Di Mammas for about 12 years... always friendly always chatty even though we didnt eat in there much only at lunchtimes and about 2 evenings in a month. Last year it was obvious that he was turning his back to us because we weren't eating in there enough for him.... It will be even less this year...

Offline Google

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 08:35:26 AM »
Which one is witch? Went to first Italian a couple of weeks ago. Waiters polite but not on your face and good excellent. Went to second one a few nights later - steak a bit tough and tables so close together you could hear everyone's conversation.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 09:32:57 AM »
Bella Mammas is the first you come to after turning right onto the prom.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 10:57:19 AM »
If you don't include the one on the corner as the first

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 15:49:56 PM »