Author Topic: A fabulous week in Çaliş!  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Susiepink

A fabulous week in Çaliş!
« on: May 23, 2016, 18:57:47 PM »
I have just taken my sister and her partner back to Dalaman airport after their first time in Turkey and they have had a fabulous week. They are not sunbathers so I had to keep them busy in other ways and we have travelled around the area so this is not all about Çaliş but includes the immediate area. Our first day we pottered around the market, the passpateur and finally a delicious meal of prawns in the fish market, always a favourite of mine. Second day I took them up to Uzumlu, a coffee in the new Flora and Fauna, very pretty little coffee shop, followed by a wander around the village and lunch in the Winehouse, again excellent. Later that evening we had a stroll along the prom and had a meal in the Nil Bar, no complaints there, always value for money, friendly staff. Thursday we took a drive up to Kabak to the Olive Garden, beautiful scenery, delicious food, followed by a mosey around Olu Deniz. Evening meal at Casa de Mamas, excellent in every way. Friday we went with a group of friend on a bus trip to Dalyan, including a trip to the mud baths, and the turtle hospital. Saturday we went to Kargi for a village breakfast and then we travelled to Goçek to do a bit of shopping for presents to take back, among them some Turkish delight all hand picked at a delightful little shop along the high street, Saturday night we went up to the Sundial for a meal, this was the favourite meal of the week, absolutely 5 star, entertainment on too. Sunday was rainy so we went back to the passpateur for some more shopping, and went up to Kings Garden for our lunch, we followed this with a walk along the beach and a cup of tea at Mekans, simple but charming. I took them to Mozaic Bahce to sample some traditional Turkish food and they loved it, and couldn't believe how cheap it was. Today was their last day so another stroll along the prom, an excellent coffee at the Lighthouse and a simple lunch at Serkul 2. They have been delighted with their week here, absolutely loved every minute and cannot believe how cheap everything has been, they were sorry to leave today and have vowed to come back next year. I am so pleased  they enjoyed it here as much as I love living here, I thoroughly enjoyed my week doing the touristy stuff, it's a shame there are so few tourists around. This area boasts some excellent restaurants and all at reasonable prices.

Offline Menthol

Re: A fabulous week in Çaliş!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 20:18:01 PM »
What a brilliant advertisement for the area, Sue!

Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves and it's good to see the area through a new visitor's eyes isn't it?

:)

Offline Gordon Smith

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 20:23:23 PM »
I am back out tomorrow for 2 weeks and can't wait. There is so much to do and people to see. Nothing will stop me !

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 21:36:24 PM »
What a wonderful introduction to the area you have given them.

So pleased it was enjoyable for them.

Something positive to read - thank you.

Hopefully, they will not only pass the word but also encourage others to come.

Offline marina

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 21:50:12 PM »
I am back out tomorrow for 2 weeks and can't wait. There is so much to do and people to see. Nothing will stop me !

Wish I was back out tomorrow! We've been back home just a week now after two brilliant weeks in Calis.   :'(  Susiepinks post has just highlighted everything I'm missing about the place. Although I think I'd need another holiday after fitting all that into one week!  :o  Hopefully back later in the year, hope tourism picks up soon for everyone there. 

Offline Lotty

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 23:34:36 PM »
Lovely post susiepink. Remember how stunning it all was on your very first visit, just how amazing everything was? These are brilliant but simple pleasures that might help the earlier posters asking for ideas for their (possibly first) holiday. I'd love that first experience again of all those things you showed your family. Aah. . sweet nostalgia. Well done!  :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf