Author Topic: Akdeniz Apart Otel Restaurant  (Read 5487 times)

Offline madmart

Akdeniz Apart Otel Restaurant
« on: July 09, 2016, 20:02:35 PM »
We may have found an uncut diamond! We ate at the above tonight for the second time and the food is excellent. On the first visit I had the Meatball Casserole and tonight the Calf Casserole, and Mrs Madmart had Mushroom Tortellini on the first visit and Spaghetti Bolognese tonight.

We will be the first to admit that from the outside it does not look too promising, however the quality of the food really is something else, (in my opinion anyway)

It is around the corner from the Cahide Bar, past the Mavi Hotel (used to be the Ernur) and it is on the left opposite the Anil Hotel - Selim Gunday Caddesi Foca Mah No. 64

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Akdeniz Apart Otel Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 21:57:54 PM »
That's just down the road from our place.  We have passed many times but never ventured in.
We will give it a try on our next visit as it's not every night we want to venture down to the front

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 11:43:28 AM »
As you said Madmart, from the outside it doesn't look too inviting. We walk past it everyday when we are over but have never been in. I must say they seemed to be giving it a bit of a makeover in April so they are now hoping for a bit of trade. We will definitely call in when we are next over. We would also love to call into the Anil across the road for a beer, but it always seems to be closed when we are over.

Offline philrose

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 15:15:54 PM »
I'm not surprised the food is great as, unless it's changed recently, it's the same guy who had the Ak Deniz restaurant by the bike shop roundabout which is now Cadde.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 15:43:19 PM »
"Calf Casserole"? Does that mean veal? I've never inquired into the production of veal in Turkey. Perhaps I should (or perhaps I shouldn't).

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 16:24:36 PM »
Ah, I realize now that I shouldn't have gate-crashed this restaurant recommendation. I'll move my concern to Turkish Discussions. Sorry.

Offline madmart

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 17:56:02 PM »
I'm not surprised the food is great as, unless it's changed recently, it's the same guy who had the Ak Deniz restaurant by the bike shop roundabout which is now Cadde.
The chef is actually his son in law. Also in reply to Colwyn the meat was too dark to have been veal.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 16:55:42 PM »
May attempt to walk past here tonight on our way out for food as we are not far from cahide which we like to use as a watering hole.

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 20:51:27 PM »
Thanks madmart for the recommendation, managed to find this gem after having a shave just by secret garden, wife was  nagging me saying I had no idea where I was going in the dark but when we did find the akdeniz it looked closed, went inside and after ordering drinks wife went for calamari for starters and myself the vegetable spring rolls, before these were brought out a caraffe of water with glasses (a nice touch) & assorted sliced bread was brought out with esme, olives & feta cheese, all very nice,  starters were suprisingly very good in the short time it had taken to he prepared, mains wife had meatballs with salad and myself beef fajitas which came on a sizzling plate with wrap bread, esme, guacamole & grated cheese, all very nice, didn't order desert as we were both more than full, still they brought out 3 bowls with ice cream, fruit and a sponge icecream desert, these were not on the bill as not ordered, all in all a very good meal so will also recommend this place, thanks Mart.

Offline madmart

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 19:02:36 PM »
Went in last night 9th September and still just as good.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf