Author Topic: Huge WFU Fine for ex-Captain  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Huge WFU Fine for ex-Captain
« on: November 11, 2011, 13:19:18 PM »
Is this the final act of England's ill-fated WRC? Former captain Mike Tindall has been suspended from the England squad and fined (what seems to me) to be huge fine of £25,000 by the RFU. It seems unlikely unlikely he will ever play for his country again. It is not immediately clear from the RFU statement exactly what Tindall's fine is for; is it his acts on the night out at Queenstown, or is it "misleading" the English management of what went on that night? It is a sad end to a sorry saga.

Offline tonyb

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 19:21:06 PM »
The cheeky sod is going to appeal.It would appear the fine & suspension are for bringing the RFU into direpute for his off the field antics + Ashton & Haskell have also received fines.You don't have to be the brain of Britain to realise that if you're married to a member of the Royal Family, you are going to be followed everywhere .It was a disaster waiting to happen  & sure enough, lack of self discipline not just by Tindall, others as well.The captain showed a total lack of leadership, when admitting that he should have nipped the antics in the bud.We got we we deserved ,nothing !!! Getting as bad as over paid, over molly coddled footballers. Rugby was always assumed to be a game played by gentlemen. It really does make you wander.

Offline philrose

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:16:50 AM »
I'm betting a £25000 fine was nothing, compared to having to face up to the wrath of his Mother in Law when he got back:D

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 18:32:51 PM »
Brings back memories of a certain drug-dealing English rugby star, Mr. Lawrence Dallaglio 1999. Personally, I believe that there is no such thing as a "Role Model", but, that is what some of these so-called "stars" claim to be ! Mind you, Mr Dallaglio is now a very highly paid T.V. pundit, so, crime does pay after all. Short memories,some people.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf