Author Topic: Visa  (Read 5050 times)

Offline DaveKaren

Visa
« on: February 10, 2015, 15:54:25 PM »
Is my visa valid from the day I buy it, or the day I fly and can I leave the country on the last day my visa is valid?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Visa
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 16:13:38 PM »

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 17:02:11 PM »
I am still having trouble getting new visas.  I have now tried 11 times, using my e-mail address, a new e-mail address, on my sons pc using his e-mail address, but cannot get on to stage 2 to make a payment.  It comes up with "your application has been successful" but no e-mail appears in my in-box, or any of my folders including junk and spam.  My son who is a wiz at i.t. ,cannot understand why I cannot proceed either.  My fingers are worn out typing the application forms for myself and my friend.  I have tried the helpline and after being chatted to for 5 mins. in several languages I eventually spoke to someone who said that I should use a different e-mail address!!. After 3 e-mail addresses on my lap top and a p.c. can anyone suggest my next step and if the worst comes to the worst can I still obtain a visa at Dalaman? p.s. this is my ninth visa application and I have had no trouble before, in fact most of my details come up automatically when I type in the first letter of the word.  HELP please.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 20:16:27 PM »
I got ours on Sunday in a few minutes.  I have heard that if you have B.T. Internet there can be a problem.  However, I have B.T. and have not had a problem.
I should warn you if you wait until you get to Dalaman you may have a delay in getting your Visa.  There was a guy behind us in the queue at the Airport and I heard him saying to the woman he was with  that he did not have a visa and would just ask for one at the desk.
The guy at the desk told him to go to the very back of the queue and wait. He was really peed off. 

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 22:26:05 PM »
Thanks Jacqui don't know what to do next, have had no problems in the past, but this time just cannot get past stage 1.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 10:09:47 AM »
My fingers are worn out typing the application forms for myself and my friend. 

Get your friend to do it, adding you as the additional person.

JF

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 15:15:14 PM »
Thanks for replies, my friend does not "do" computers, and if she had access to one wouldn't know what to do.  However I realise that I have not applied for a visa before since I moved 30 miles away, so don't know if that could be a problem.  I shall take passports, info. to another friend at the weekend and see if we have any joy somewhere different!!

Offline patrice

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 15:33:51 PM »
I had a similar problem back last May what was happening I was not putting in  my sisters correct address. I assume it was not matching her passport details already surrendered. It was not until we sat together while applying we identified the  error...
so frustrating. Good luck Echogirl
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 18:43:34 PM by patrice »

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 16:39:13 PM »
Patrice that is a good point, as both my friend and I have moved house within the last year.  The only thing about that is that there is nowhere on the passport that shows our addresses, or a place to change the address.  Would I have to contact the passport office to see if that is the problem. Any help would be most welcome.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 16:46:04 PM »
p.s. Just checked with passport office you do not need to inform them of change of address, so that should make no difference when applying for a visa

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf