Author Topic: Another break ın  (Read 12486 times)

Offline quackers

Another break ın
« on: September 19, 2013, 07:20:47 AM »
Yet another breakın. Thıs tıme on Archway 1 between 6.15 and 6.45am. One burglaar wearıng a grass green polo shırt aged 20-30's. Money and camera stolen. Jandarma attended.

Offline Susiepink

Re: Another break ın
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 20:57:05 PM »
I have just read about another burglary in Uzumlu, burglars entering the property in the middle of the night when occupants in bed !
Very frightening for a single female who is moving to the area in two weeks time!
What can you do ?
Burglaries during the day time when you are out are bad enough, but the thought of going to bed at night and worrying about waking up to find a stranger in your bedroom is terrifying.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 21:08:51 PM »
What about having an alarm fitted or maybe taking a wireless one over with you with motion detectors etc?  I don't think the DIY type are too expensive these days.

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 21:16:18 PM »
Thanks Bluwise
I am renting for a while so don't really want to get fitting alarms fitted, but didnt know about a wireless one. I will certainly look I to it, need to be able to sleep at night !

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 21:19:38 PM »
Definitely get an alarm with motion detectors fitted in my opinion then if someone does come in then the alarm will alert you and hopefully the burglar will leg it.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 22:00:53 PM »
Have a dig about Susiepink - I'm sure there are some you could fit and then take with you when you move on.  I would feel more secure if I had something that made a hell of a noise to scare off intruders and of course, alert me too.
My friend lives alone and has contacts on her windows and motion detectors in the hall. I believe B&Q do a wireless kit.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 22:11:33 PM »
We had a perimeter alarm that linked all the windows and doors - so once one was prised open )or even moved a few millimetres) the alarm went off. It involves chasing out the walls so can be quite a job but boy do they run if they trip it.

The little window alarms used to be 1 lira so won't be vast amounts. Just get one (or two, why not) on each window/door and also we got deadlock levers put on - these make forcing the doors/windows infinitely more difficult and requiring significant noise - not the best thing for a burglar at 5am. 

We twice had someone take a nibble at our place - and I swear that when the alarm went off, in the time it took me to jump up *immediately* and go to the window to look (some 2 metres), the burglar had left the garden and I spied him just turn the corner at the bottom of the road - some 40+ metres away.

Moral of the story: They don't hang around when alarms go off.

Offline quackers

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 05:35:12 AM »
We have wındow locks ,door alarms and wıreless free movement sensors. If ıts not annoyıng to your neıghbours leave your balcony lıghts on so any potentıal ıntruder can  be seen.

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 06:47:11 AM »
Thanks everyone for the advice, I will certainly be getting all alarmed up !!! I'm not sure until I get there how remote I am going to be, I know there are only 6 privately owned apartments, and they may all be empty over the winter. I hope not, even having one neighbour will make me feel more secure. I am a bit of a scaredy cat in the dark, might be sleeping with all the lights on !

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 07:06:19 AM »
We have a wireless alarm, it's really easy to fit and the keypad used to arm the alarm is portable so you can operate the alarm from the bedroom as well as when leaving the property. Like a car alarm it gives a number of audible bleeps when it's turned either on or off, this lets the neighbours know that the system is real, but for good measure, sometimes we let the alarm go off for a few seconds just remind everyone.

I used to wake with every noise thinking that someone was trying to break in but now the alarm really does give us peace of mind.

Our advice would be to fit one even if you are renting a place, you can always take it with you when you leave.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf