Author Topic: introduced friends to this site wish i had'nt  (Read 2206 times)

Offline siemli

introduced friends to this site wish i had'nt
« on: February 09, 2007, 09:40:50 AM »
obviously cant take criticism..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 12:24:20 PM by siemli »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 09:55:19 AM »
siemli,

Firstly I cannot comment on the orignal reply by Scunner because I cannot remember your friends first post. However I will defend him on your final point - he did not reply at all to the topic about Petal's baby.  Maybe you are mixing Crabbit up with Scunner?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 10:04:50 AM »
Right, Ok  :)

Firstly I didn't reply to Petal at all, miserable or otherwise. You must do your research before coming on MY website and slating ME.

Secondly, I stand by my reply 100%. If new members think they can open their account with a message like "Hi Mehmet, how are you, we'll be over in June" then they were rude, not me. This is (as I stated) not a message board, it is a discussion forum. New members are ALWAYS made very welcome here by the members, it isn't asking too much that they familiarise themselves with the format before posting.

I haven't become "very rude and miserable", I was always that way.

I spend hours moving, editing and replying to posts - I don't enjoy a single second of it, I have far better (and profitable) ways to spend that time. I do it because without rules we would have anarchy and this site would die.

I stand by my reply, and I don't see it as rude at all. It was rather informative, if they cared to read and understand the point being made.

I have a website of 3,300 members, of all characters and styles. 3,300 people in any situation is going to be potentially volatile and I do my best to keep it tight and courteous. If you think you can do a better job, go ahead.

Scunner

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 10:26:30 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by siemli

we are very hesitant to post anything on here anymore with fear scunner will take it the wrong way lock the topic and therefore our questions not answered!

I missed that bit  :)

I have never locked a topic where a member has asked a question - go see for yourself.

All questions on CBF are answered comprehensively by the membership, you are trying to make a very false point.

I note you are not "very hesitant to post" when it comes to slagging me off  :)

When all is said & done, the moderator team and myself work to a set of rules that we put in place to ensure the forum is smooth and popular, I think we achieved both. You can please some of the people some of the time etc.  

Sharp and caustic is the way I am, sorry if it isn't to your taste.

Scunner

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 12:19:27 PM »
I would like to defent Scunner here.  I am relatively new to the forum and it was my first introduction to 'forum life'.  One of my first posts was to ask about what I thought was a restaurant.  Scunner locked the topic and 'told me off' because it had been a thread about something entirely different.  At the time, I thought this was a bit harsh and yes, I was a bit shocked.  However, Scunner has a huge job trying to pull this site together - for all of us.  it must be a complete pain in the backside to keep abreast of what is happening and look out for those potential 'nasties' that are inevitable.  I have since posted many messages and have come to understand and respect the personalities and characters of people involved.  It is Scunners site and I take my hat of to him.  Thanks Scunner.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 15:53:04 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by siemli

obviously cant take criticism..

Obviously I can, I just did.

Before you deleted your post, you criticised me for the tone of a reply I made, in a thread that I hadn't even posted in.

Scunner

Offline Eric

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 16:06:30 PM »
Scunner gets my vote every time, he has a thankless task and does it exceptionally well in my opinion

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 16:19:33 PM »
He does bug*er all really - it's us mods that keep it running!!

(joking Scunner)

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 16:31:55 PM »
Scunner gets my full backing as well, he has a hard enough job keeping me in check amongst all the other work he has to do on HIS forum.

Crabbit (annoys some members, makes others laugh)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf