Author Topic: How to register your mobile online  (Read 14501 times)

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
How to register your mobile online
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 17:48:43 PM »
Stoop
Send me the IMEI No`s and i will register them.

Crabbit

Offline markaren

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 15:51:36 PM »
hi can anyone give me any advice on what to do next, we have just returned from a five week visit, on arrival in July we went to the customs at the harbour with phone, invoice and passport they photocopied everything and checked phone against invoice, from there we went to Avea shop who took 5 lira and messed on their computer for a while and then gave us a reference number ok all done we thought! no such luck 2 weeks later we got a message saying that the phone would be locked in 24hrs the message had a different imei number to what our phone actually is. Tried ringing Avea while we were there, us and a turkish friend spoke to them and we were told all would be ok. 24hrs later phone was locked, after another call to Avea and a visit to the shop we were told that all information had gone to Ankara and that it would still all be ok but to ring Ankara and they would tell us how long?? Tried this but could never get through to anyone who could help. we do have other mobiles out there and we did just change the sim into another phone although this is not a long term solution. We are still really frustrated that we went to all the trouble of supposedley registering it and still not having peace of mind that we have a phone that will always work. Has this happened to anyone else? do you think it will work again when we go back?? any help on this would be great

Thanks Frustrated Karen & Mark:D

Offline starman

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 06:55:08 AM »
There is a huge back logg in Ankara and have been told that it could upto 4-5 months to get through.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 14:29:36 PM »
Mark,

We just bought a new phone, it cost £40, works fine and saves all the hassle.

Rimms

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 16:18:25 PM »
We bought 2 new phones to save the hassle. No we're not greedy but have daughters we like to be able to keep in touch with when they're with us!

Offline n/a

• deleted
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 14:56:42 PM »
If your phones have already been closed the only way to get them open is to go to Customs in Fethiye with passport and receipt for phone,once you have the official stamp from them you can have the phone opened in Turkcell but it has to be in Mugla !!!!!

Offline rowanis

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 19:51:28 PM »
Just a quick note - you can no longer do this at customs in Fethiye - they stopped on the 24th of August.

Also Crabbit - I did as you said and it told me my phone was registered but when I checked it on the Government IMEI site it said it found no data - any ideas?

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 20:13:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by rowanis

Just a quick note - you can no longer do this at customs in Fethiye - they stopped on the 24th of August.

Also Crabbit - I did as you said and it told me my phone was registered but when I checked it on the Government IMEI site it said it found no data - any ideas?

If it told you your phone was registered, then it is.

Crabbit

Offline nicola

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 13:05:15 PM »
I brought two Phones over in June one for me one for my daughter, went to register them at dalaman, waited for an hour for someone to come and do it,I got fed up waiting and went.. I put turkcell sim cards in thought phones were going to ok! little did i know that a mouth later they was going to be switched off.. by this time my passport was in mugla so i couldnt do anything and the phones closed. just got passports back and now the customs in fethiye are longer doing it.... so what do i do now?? can anyboby help me sort this mess out??? my teenager daughter is sending me mad about her phone .. crabbit can you help??

big thanks if anyone can help
Nicola
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 13:07:12 PM by nicola »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 13:26:52 PM »
Crabbit - - I just sent you an email with the imei number for our new phone.

Cheers

Stu

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf