Author Topic: ADSL  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Bucko

« on: March 18, 2009, 15:24:34 PM »
Does anyone know the approx cost to have a telephone line and ADSL installed? I have been quoted by our management company 250lira initial set-up and 29lira p/m for 4gb.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
ADSL
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 17:05:50 PM »
Hi, There is no charge for the telephone line instalation.monthly charge is 16ytl,plus calls.The actual call costs are minimal.If you want the adsl installed you have to revisit turktelecom 7 days after the telephone system is working and do a further contract for the connection to be made.The basic cost was 16ytl.You then have a choice of the speed of the so called broadband connection and a choice of fixed modem or wi fi.These charges were for 2007,so they will have increased but not by a great deal.The price you quote for the 4gb is still correct.Hope this helps.Your management company have no part of installing any of these items,its all done by turktelecom.www.turktelecom.com.tr

Offline farmer

ADSL
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 20:58:14 PM »
Hi Bucko and Captain John.
My experience was slightly differant from Captain Johns.
We applied for a 'Phone line and a couple of days later the Telecom engineers called at our house and said they were making our connection.
I watched them make the connection from their junction box to the site distrubution box. The Engineers then left, saying the connection from the site junction box to my house had to be made by an electrician employed by and paid for by me, and the internal connections within the house had also to be paid for (From the cable from the site box to the house to the cable from the house internal wiring)  I made these connections by myself using a primitive circuit tester.
Two days later I applied for ADSL  WiFi and Turktelecom gave me the box of goodies to install the system. No charge for the goodies, just the appropriate contract for the type of service I wanted. I did however have to employ a local Whizz Kid to come and install the kit. Charge was 30 Lira, which included a complete "cleam Up" of my Laptop.
Whizz Kid details kindly supplied by "Angel" at Nil Bar, Calis Beach.

Offline philrose

ADSL
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 02:22:33 AM »
It's also worth mentioning that you will need a residency to have a telephone/internet conection installed. Either that or a Turkish friend to take out the contract for you.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
ADSL
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 06:20:13 AM »
Hi farmer,there is really no difference in our experiences.However,when we had our cable connections made, the telephone engineer was a local visitor to the nilbar.He made our connections with a 10ytl tip.The engineer no longer uses the nil.However tayfic who is headwaiter there still has his number should anyone want to use him.We connected our modem ourselves so no whizz kid required.All this  after the required paperwork was completed.Sorry if I misled anyone.

Offline littlereddevil

ADSL
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 08:51:43 AM »
So basically if we own an apartment can we not get phone installed if we don't reside there permanently ?

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
ADSL
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 09:26:14 AM »
Littlereddevil you need a residencey permit to get the line installed or a freind to do it in their name. I had the line installed same as everyone else bit I opted for smile ADSL which has been great so, far I paid an extra 25 tl for he engineer to bring the modem and set both computers up, it was free if I wanted to have it sent by courier.
Mark

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf