Author Topic: Stop nuisance telephone sales  (Read 5090 times)

Offline Sinbad

Stop nuisance telephone sales
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 11:34:12 AM »
Also there are those that provide you with a first class prepaid envelope - great for sending their junk back to them in with a request to take you off their list.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 13:18:40 PM »
Hi,

We registered for TPS three years ago and the calls are almost non-existant now. The odd one we do get is quickly dispatched by telling them that we are TPS registered and they can be fined for not taking any notice of this - they soon hang up!

One of my friends has a hilarious way of dealing with the growing number of Indian call centres that ring up -- he just keeps insisting that he has not ordered a takeaway.- eventually they get fed up and hang up.

Stoop

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 20:06:23 PM »
Hey Stoop,
Just as I was reading your post the phone rang so I tried your friends trick of claiming not to have ordered any bloody pizzas :D and was he sure he had the right number etc...
Tried my best to sound angry about it - difficult for me - but after we swapped a few 4 letter words of wisdom he said I must be some kind of nutter and hung up - I made it last a good two minutes tho... lol
Roy

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 21:08:31 PM »
Roy,

You muppet - well done mate! Love it!

Stoop

Offline lolly

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2005, 12:46:46 PM »
Been flicking through past threads(day off, nothing better to do)and found this.
Registered for both from Valentines post. Cheers Valentine looking forward to eating an evening meal without being interrupted by callers from Bombay wanting to 'save me money' or 'send me a valuable prize' I've won in a comp I've never even entered.

Lolly x

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 14:11:20 PM »
Lolly,
Thanks for bring this up again, Larry and I are constantly bothered by the very same. I too have registered, fingers crossed.

Lorraine

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 17:30:49 PM »
WE've got the ultimate way of stopping the sales calls! MOVE TO TURKEY! LOL

Since doing so we haven't had the Mormons or the Jehovah's Witnesses knocking at the door either!

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 18:03:08 PM »
The best way to Stop nuisance telephone sales & spam emails, is to not post phone numbers & email addresses on the forum.

Crabbit

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 18:48:53 PM »
Crabbit,

Nah - they get your phone number from the telecom companies or they 'buy' them in from other companies who have your details.

Register with TPS and you won't get any (I'm talking to the UK'ers here)and if you do get the odd one just mention TPS and they leave you alone very quickly.

Talking Bombay - I've just been ringing the Man form the Pru to tell them about my wife's aunty recently passing away. I told her 79 year old uncle that I would sort it out for him as he hasn't a clue what to do. You guessed-- I ended up talking to some bird called Japinda from Bombay and I lost count the number of times both she and myself had to be asked to repeat things. What a laugh - I almost ordered a blo*dy takeaway she was so convincing!

Will these damn companies ever learn?

Stoop
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 09:25:22 AM by stoop »

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 19:58:10 PM »
We haven't had one single cold call from anywhere since we registered and we must have saved a small forest in paper since the junk mail stopped - its brilliant! My big problem now is my company has moved our PAYROLL department to b****y India!! The answer to your question Stoop is NO!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf