Author Topic: Mobile Phone  (Read 3020 times)

Offline lorna young

Mobile Phone
« on: March 26, 2005, 13:59:39 PM »
H to everyone, I dont want to sound thick! my hubby will say I am, but I wanted to know if someone from UK phones me on my mobile while Im in Turkey do they need to put a code in front of the number? :-\
As we will be working with the mobiles till we get a landline I dont want anyone not to be able to get in touch.
Cheers Lorna  :)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Mobile Phone
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 14:25:31 PM »
all according, are you keeping your uk mobile or buying Turkish mobile...

UK from Turkey on uk phone I found expensive, still got my uk phone but only use it in when visiting the uk,it was getting expensive to phone friends and family (O2)maybe different on other networks.
I now have a Turkish mobile and cheaper for both parties uk to Turkey and vice versa.

If you are going to be living here then better to get a Turkish mobile until you have a landline,

but your question, if you are using UK mobile and friends phone you , no they will not need a code. dial as if you are in the UK.

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
Mobile Phone
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 15:49:50 PM »
Lorna, if somebody phones you from UK they have to put 00 90 in front of your Turkish number. 00 is international access anywhere and  90 is country code for Turkey. With a Turkcell mobile, calls to Uk are very reasonable. From Turkey, Uk is 00 44. Normally the first 0 of the local number is dropped when making an international call. Hope this is helpful.
Pete

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Mobile Phone
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 18:18:44 PM »
Also if you get a Turkish sim card you will find that its also very cheap to ring from your mobile to a UK landline!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Mobile Phone
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 18:31:39 PM »
If you're going to use your UK mobile number over here, make sure that you have arranged for International Roaming with your airtime provider BEFORE leaving the UK. Also, if using Pay and Go etc. make sure that you are either able to top up from a credit card or, have someone in the UK who can top-up your phone for you.

Offline Jamieo

Mobile Phone
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 20:38:09 PM »
Hi Lorna,
You can pay up to £1.80 per minute to receive calls on a UK mobile whilst in Turkey. It also costs you about £1.60 a minute to phone out from Turkey to UK (Depending on which provider you are with). To receive Voicemail messages can cost up to £5.00 per minute!!!

Virgin offer the best deal - £0.90p per minute from Turkey to UK.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Jamie

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Mobile Phone
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 23:28:25 PM »
Last year with Turkish Sim card in our phone it cost I believe around 16p a minute to phone the UK. Cost to phone around the corner seemed to be the same.
Anyone know how long you keep your number? We had ours generously topped up by our friend Dave in October - he didn't realise we would lose the top up. Not sure when we'll be out again now.
Linda

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Mobile Phone
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 00:14:28 AM »
Why have I been deleted? Getting a Turkish sim card is the best option!

Offline lorna young

Mobile Phone
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 12:27:51 PM »
Thanks for all the info, my phone will work in Turkey have checked this out. Will I be able to put a Turkish sim card into my exsiting phone? its just that me and my daughter Kez both have new phones so dont really want to have to replace them.
Thanks again not long to go now 5 weeks and counting!!!!

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Mobile Phone
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 14:52:43 PM »
The turkish no should last about 7 months if you search for sim cards in search facility you will find this subject has been covered many times and all the important info is in there
Ron

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf