Author Topic: MOBILE PHONE TURKCELL SIMMCARD  (Read 5664 times)

Offline grendawkin

« on: July 28, 2005, 16:32:55 PM »
During our most recent visit to Calis we purchased a TURKCELL SIMM card for our mobile phone. This cost £10 and included 100 units of calls.
This is much cheaper than using your UK phone service, both for calls within Turkey and for calls and texts back to the UK.
Your phone will need to be unlocked to accept the new SIMM Card but most phone shops can do that for a small fee (or maybe free).
When you return to the UK you can simply replace your original Card and all will revert to "as was". You can use your Turkcell card again when you are next in Turkey, as long as it is within 90 Days

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
MOBILE PHONE TURKCELL SIMMCARD
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 16:41:33 PM »
or leave it with a friend estate agent or maintenance company for those not lucky enough to return in 90days to keep it live.

Offline philrose

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 17:51:27 PM »
It's worth pointing out that if you go over 90 days you dont lose any credits on the phone. You only need to top up your phone to reactivate it and you get that lot of credits plus any that were on the phone originaly. My only problem is I keep ending up with more and more credits as I don't use it enough! :)

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 18:32:31 PM »

I know its been covered before but its worth pointing out again that calls from your Turkish sim to a UK landline are incredibly cheap compared to calls from a UK sim. Unfortunately I don't have your problem philrose - I can talk for England!:D:D

Offline glennat

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 10:13:32 AM »
Hi Grendawkin,

Whereabouts can you buy these Simms?

Glen

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 10:27:14 AM »
Glen, you get sim card from mobile phone shops, but remember to take your passport. Alan

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 10:28:18 AM »
Glen,

If you go into Fethiye, there are several mobile phone shops on the main road opposite the main mosque. We use a place in the back street near the fish market.

Phil

I thought that after not using the phone for 90 days, you lost your number ? it seems that this is not the case from what you say?

Rimms

Offline sandgrounder

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 10:42:19 AM »
George,

If you buy an "Aria" sim card you can leave it for as long as you want and you don't lose the credits etc. I now keep my Turkish sim in my camera case and as soon as the plane touches down in Turkey i take my english sim out and replace with the Aria one which is still fully working:D

Russ

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 12:19:41 PM »
Have had a Starcep simcard for a year now, purchased at a phone shop at the Otogar .....was never asked for passport or any I/D. There must be at least fifty places in Fethiye to get a simcard. :)

Offline glennat

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 13:31:44 PM »
Thanks very much.

Strange, needing to present your passport in order to make a phone call.  Any ideas why?

Glen

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf