Author Topic: Vodafone removing Turkey as part of euro zone package  (Read 12502 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Vodafone removing Turkey as part of euro zone package
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 10:35:46 AM »
Noticed on another forum that someone managed cancel without issue due to it being a material change, and they also mentioned that they had been told by customer service that the change to Vodafones roaming packages relating to Turkey was as a result of a directive from Ofcom.  Can't see it myself, but here's a link to an Ofcom article relating to the changes to Vodafones roaming packages:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/vodafone-roam-further-charge

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 17:10:00 PM »
Stoop, Vodafone support were clueless about the text and the penalty-free cancellation of contract - typically.

Working it out, to continue using my (and Sian's) phone as we have been will cost around £500 per year in roaming charges - about the same as one of our phone yearly contract!

Found the following on the OfCom website:

'Changes to Terms and Conditions Phone and broadband providers can change the terms of a contract so long as they provide a month's notice. However, if you believe the change will cause you material detriment, your provider should consider this and, if they agree, allow you to end the contract without penalty.'

I certainly regard £500 as 'material detriment'!

I would advise anyone affected to raise an issue with OfCom

They will offer a free cancellation of your contract I imagine.

Offline philrose

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 21:19:46 PM »
My daughter called into their office this morning and they confirmed that the change would be going  ahead on the 12th May. However they did offer her an option to cancel her contract....

Offline Menthol

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 13:15:39 PM »
I lodged an email complaint yesterday and had not one, but two different advisors ring me back.

Neither of them knew about the proposed changes and insisted that there were no roaming charges planned for Turkey ...

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 14:23:07 PM »
Stoop, Vodafone support were clueless about the text and the penalty-free cancellation of contract - typically.

Working it out, to continue using my (and Sian's) phone as we have been will cost around £500 per year in roaming charges - about the same as one of our phone yearly contract!

Found the following on the OfCom website:

'Changes to Terms and Conditions Phone and broadband providers can change the terms of a contract so long as they provide a month's notice. However, if you believe the change will cause you material detriment, your provider should consider this and, if they agree, allow you to end the contract without penalty.'

I certainly regard £500 as 'material detriment'!

I would advise anyone affected to raise an issue with OfCom

They will offer a free cancellation of your contract I imagine.

They haven't yet!! Still trying to tell me that I need to an early termination fee, even though I've received the text saying that I can cancel without penalty.

The incompetent rep asked me to screenshot the text message and email it - turns out the email address he gave doesn't accept pictures!!

Vodafone really have taken incompetence to a new level!!

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 08:29:26 AM »
There is now a petition going on FB to try and get Vodafone to reinstate Turkey   in the list of roam free countries

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/660/003/676/vodafone-to-reinstate-turkey-on-roam-free-tariff/?taf_id=54342742&cid=fb_na

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2018, 07:08:06 AM »
447 people have signed the petition so far. Please sign if you haven't already done so.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/660/003/676/vodafone-to-reinstate-turkey-on-roam-free-tariff/?taf_id=54342742&cid=fb_na

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2018, 08:50:27 AM »
Signed

Offline blueclad

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 13:31:08 PM »
I just had a text from Vodafone today re the removing turkey from the euro zone package I have been waiting for this text for 9 days  I rang the number given waited 2 min then the advisor came on the phone  from UK , wow most impressed, after going through all options I have terminated my contract which has 12 months left free of charge, and I keep my expensive phone another wow free of charge from 5 th may.
I have to phone the UK number on 1 st may for a pak code so I can join another provider  Total time taken 4 mins hassell free another wow.

Next I contacted my home phone / broadband provider PLUSNET  explained the situation  that I wanted a  mates rates which give me more useage than I am on, just have to do a online contact on 1 st may with my pak code wait 24 hrs and I am up and running this took 3 mins on my mobile to sort this out great service.
the upshot is along  with the new increase Vodafone have put on this month  I will be Quids in  wow,  there, s me a OAP thinking it would be hard to get out of Vodafone how wrong I was,  my  existing charge with Vodafone per month £ 25 plus extra costs whilst in turkey new charge £ 9 per month , plus as existing account holder with plusnet Turkey will so they confirmed by email that no extra charges whilst I am there,
One Happy Chappie

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 14:26:22 PM »
plus as existing account holder with plusnet Turkey will so they confirmed by email that no extra charges whilst I am there,

Well done Ron, but the first thing that strikes me is that PlusNet are now owned by BT and they use BT as their mobile carrier.

The BT "Roam like at Home" service, which is how PlusNet describe theirs, doesn't include Turkey.  Don't think it ever has.

Don't lose that email, you might need it when you get the £300 bill for a fortnight in Turkey!

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf