Author Topic: schools/nursery  (Read 6890 times)

Offline amber

schools/nursery
« on: September 05, 2004, 14:21:20 PM »
Is there anyone out there who knows anything about education or nursery for children under six years old.

Thx

Offline ronan

• Groveller
schools/nursery
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 20:45:13 PM »
We know all the details about the private school in Fethiye as we asked when we came out.....or just ask Scunner & his wife Steph as their girls go to nursery in Fethiye.

Offline amber

schools/nursery
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 21:41:13 PM »
Thanks.  Where is it?  Boys and girls?  Is this private?  Also is this Turkish language only or bi-lingual.  Do you know of any families who send their children there and what is the atmosphere like.

Thx a lot

A

xx

Offline ronan

• Groveller
schools/nursery
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 21:47:33 PM »
The best way to find out is to come over to Fethiye & speak to the staff.

Answers: Fethiye by the garages.

Boys & Girls

Private

Bi-lingual

Yes

Will ask the kids we know when they go back to school

Offline BabaYard

schools/nursery
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 15:15:20 PM »
Hi Amber,

I'm also investigating this subject and understand that it's not always possible to jump on the first plane to ask questions. I now have a helpful reliable source and will share the information once I have it. I think it's a shame that people in the know sometimes only provide the absolute minimum of information ;(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
schools/nursery
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 15:36:03 PM »
Keep your wig on BabaYard lol

The forum is full of people who share the maximum of information, that is the beauty of it. Sometimes people answer quickly because they are off out or don't have much time, and a little note is better than no note at all.

Ok so (even though Amber emailed me privately and I answered privately), here are some answers, as a daddy of 3y.o. twin horror girls who attend the nursery in Fethiye:

The nursery is close to the roundabout which is just after Migros, so is handy enough on the Dolmus from Calis & Ovacik/Hisaronu. It is private, I think 250m TL per month (I think I said 500m TL each in the email?). This includes all food and drinks etc.

The teachers speak Turkish (quite well as it happens lol) and their is hardly any English spoken by any of them. This is no concern to us, as firstly we hope this will benefit our girls in learning Turkish quickly themselves, but also there is quite a good proportion of English/European kids so they can talk with each other.

The nursery is mixed boys and girls, and the whole set up is fantastic, better than anything I've seen in the UK. The kids all seem to get on fine together, there is a happy atmosphere.

I trust that answers your immediate questions. It is the most important consideration when moving a young family out here, so feel free to ask more if you would like to.

Scunner

Offline BabaYard

schools/nursery
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 16:20:23 PM »
OK Scunner point taken (and wig firmly in place ;) I'm looking for contact details of the International school(s) as our sone is 14. Can you help with this? I believe there are 2 private International schools in Fethiye?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
schools/nursery
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2004, 19:28:43 PM »
I shall get them for you tomorrow I hope

It is often found better to come out and visit the scholls (with or without the children) as they can show you round and answer all your questions.

Scunner

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
schools/nursery
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 19:29:35 PM »
I'm not even going to bother editing that

I need to go back to scholl I think

Offline BabaYard

schools/nursery
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2004, 19:35:35 PM »
Thanks Scunner, Yes I would agree, a visit and personal discussion is a must. Until our next vist all i'm after is the contact details so that we can do some basic research.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf