Author Topic: Supacabby 's move  (Read 10703 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Supacabby 's move
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 14:53:20 PM »
Thanks supacabby - none of those, including passenger on board, fit into the sentence. But then again maybe that is not a prerequisite.

I apologise for detracting from your thread, but IHTS:(.

Offline happy_flyer

Supacabby 's move
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 17:39:59 PM »
I just love reading Supacabby's inputs, so honest and down to my level lol.Keep them coming.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Supacabby 's move
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 18:33:50 PM »
Didn't realise I was getting quite that low Alan!!! Glad you like them, say what I see kinda guy.

I can add 1 other thing to the negative pile: Adverts at twice the volume of the TV program, Digiturk is horrid for this, have to keep grabbing the remote & yes, now I'm struggling for things negative so getting down to really scraping the barrel!

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Supacabby 's move
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 19:58:18 PM »
As has already been said an excellent post.  Well balanced for and against and easy to read.  

Hope you do the same for Jamaica.  We had a lovely holiday there for our thirtieth wedding anniversary and hubby is trying to persuade me to go back.  tempted but have a new grandchild in Jersey this year and want to visit as much as we can.  Maybe next year though.
Where are you staying?

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Supacabby 's move
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 20:16:14 PM »
Thanks everyone for your comments.

Jamaica isn't going to be quite the beach bum holiday most would do. I lived there for 15 years as a child so it's a case of going back to my roots, a kind of rediscovery I suppose. Have booked a cheap package to the Holiday Inn in Montego Bay (£1050 for 2 weeks AI inc flights etc. with Thomson) then used the extra money I'd normally spend on a better quality hotel to book a driver/guide for a week of tours around the island with a special day visiting my old school, houses, haunts etc. in Kingston. I'm sure there will be a few days of R&R on Negril beach during the 2nd week though, just to balance the stress levels (& bring the rum levels up) you understand!

Offline june

Supacabby 's move
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 21:18:35 PM »
Thanks for that Mark, very down to earth and grounded advice....stu and I came over Christmas time about 4 maybe 5 years ago now and it happened to be be a very cold winter that year also...it is  a sharp reminder that it's not as rosy and cheap as so many think.....we first went over in 2002 and fell in love with the place as so many do and have been back every year  since, but we do realise that holidaying and living there are two different things........lovely to see you have been helping AA a bit also, I help them whenever I can...even from the UK.

Best of luck to you
X

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Supacabby 's move
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 22:13:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Supacabby

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Jamaica isn't going to be quite the beach bum holiday most would do. I lived there for 15 years as a child so it's a case of going back to my roots, a kind of rediscovery I suppose. Have booked a cheap package to the Holiday Inn in Montego Bay (£1050 for 2 weeks AI inc flights etc. with Thomson) then used the extra money I'd normally spend on a better quality hotel to book a driver/guide for a week of tours around the island with a special day visiting my old school, houses, haunts etc. in Kingston. I'm sure there will be a few days of R&R on Negril beach during the 2nd week though, just to balance the stress levels (& bring the rum levels up) you understand!

Hubbies favourite tipple ..Appletons VX.  Some pics to put you in the mood.

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p278/heathermac_02/jamaica/

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Supacabby 's move
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 22:43:32 PM »
What a great, honest read! I admire the balance in your posts. Delighted that you've got other plans too. Fate is a funny thing. Have lots of fun on your travels and keep us updated if you can.
Good luck Supercabby
:D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Supacabby 's move
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 23:40:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

Much against my better judgement I googled POB but couldn't find an explanation. AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!

scorcher - I see you are online. If you see this, can you please put me out of my misery. Thanks

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Supacabby 's move
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 07:27:28 AM »
Could it be Passenger on board???

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf