Author Topic: I guess we aren,t in kansas anymore toto  (Read 12009 times)

Offline Bluwise

Re: I guess we aren,t in kansas anymore toto
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 18:12:07 PM »
Oh yes indeed - how bloomin' lovely it is too!  Sat here with the howling wind, I am so envious but genuinely pleased for you. 

(Oh, and a little aside - I just love the way the curtain tracks are hidden in Turkey - looks so effective)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2014, 18:40:54 PM »
Curtains were made in village, she came up measured up, arrived a few days later with them tucked in a bundle. Proceeded to put them up, sun block,net and the draw. Gets out her drill and puts in tie backs..lol..I havent even paid for them yet, she,s gone off to izmir. The first thing we planned to change when we got here where the sofas and chairs, they where originally filthy and covered in builders dust. We paid for a clean down and couldn,t believe how well they looked, but where still going..err right up until we saton them..so comfy, I lay on settee and woke up 2 hours later. Needless to say they are now staying, and finding out they are both bed settees is a bonus. I had taken to walking everywhere with a matching cushion, looking for rugs but to no avail, then we called in a little place back of fethiye mosque found this one and I fell in love with it, it is sooo soft, love it! He had it delivered by 5pm.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 19:41:43 PM »
I said the same thing Bluwise about the curtain tracks. Bernie and Martyn's place is really lovely. They chose well. And Bernie is a one woman whirlwind. çabuk!çabuk!  ;D

Offline retiredandlovingit

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 07:54:40 AM »
Im so happy for you both, you sound like your settled now, its amazing how making a few changes to a property can soon make it feel like home. Weve just done the same thing to our new house in Uzumlu and we cant wait for the summer to come so we can spend lazy days around our pool.  Having our own pool is a first for us so very excited . Enjoy everything that Turkey has to offer ,you deserve it.

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 08:23:51 AM »
It's so interesting reading both your posts Bernie and Aisha, and I'm glad you are getting everything sorted. I've just about got everything sorted in mine now, after a couple of false starts! I finally got connected to the internet yesterday so I'm looking forward to Skyping my grandson at the weekend. I too found that the money just runs away, I have spent far far more than I expected, but now I'm settled it should slow down, (hopefully) ! I'm in Calis now (started off in Uzumlu), I haven't got the views but if you are bit out of the way you really need a car, and being on my own I found it difficult. So, now I'm quite central and have everything at my doorstep, if ever I sell my property in UK I would probably buy a car and think about moving to somewhere with a view, I do love a nice view! Looking forward to meeting up at some point :-)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 12:32:11 PM »
Hi Susie. I'm like you about the view. However, I think the Calis area is perfect for someone without a car.

One thing about the Fethiye area generally is you don't have to walk too far to get a nice view.

Hope you find it suits you and we will all meet up I'm sure! I'm aiming to be back for early/mid March  :)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 11:15:13 AM »
Slikmrs, Menthol, Susiepink, Retiredandlovingit - you are all so brave and adventurist - making a more permanent move to Turkey! Scary at times, difficult and aggravating at times, but what fun - making a new life in such a different environment. Hats off to you! We'll be there in September. If it were up to me we'd also be there in March, April and May - but can't persuade mrArtyMar  :'(

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »
Ha ha, haven't been on here in a while and even though you told me most of it at the weekend, Bernie, it was still good to read.  :)
You've got the apartment looking lovely now so time for a few deep breaths, warmer weather and you can focus on enjoying it.

I should at this point apologise publicly to both Bernie and Aisha for inviting them to my house on Saturday and then failing to bring the right key for the padlock on the gate. (Had copies made and only one of the blasted things fits.  >:( Fortunately the house/window keys are all ok.)

The sight of the three of us as we clambered over the fence - and back again - to the bemusement of the next-door Turkish family was one to behold, I'm sure. Still, we're all here to tell the tale....and it was a giggle.  ;D

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 14:06:14 PM »
And I am sure will be seen on Turkish candid camera later in the year..it was lovely meeting you wordbird, a girl from my old hometown too! Also bumped into susie pink up at Sians birthday party, lovely lady, and do hope to meet up again soon.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2014, 17:16:53 PM »
Yeh cheers for that WordBird - never expected to have to break into someone's house to nosey round it.  ??? :P

Gorgeous place you have there in Kayakoy though. Very traditional looking and what a HUGE garden ! I'm dying to see it when your vine is in full bloom over the pergola. What a lovely spot that will be to sit in.

Susiepink, we didn't seem to get chance to speak much at Eynas the other night. We'll all have to have a session some time.

Artymar - I have so many walls that need filling with art! Can you not venture out here perhaps with Mr Artymar? I'm not trying to advocate any marital discord, by the way, please don't think that. Me and you so need to get together though!  :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf