Author Topic: Cat to turkey  (Read 5275 times)

Offline Linda1953

Cat to turkey
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 17:49:23 PM »
Wow thanks for that Smudge........I have the option of clearing off now and going to Turkey for good, how long would it take in your estimation to prepare my cat for Turkey...........or do I just hand it over to one of these pet shippers and let them handle it? I know its going to be in the hundreds - that is ok....I can't leave here here, she's at the end of her life and doesn't deserve to be just dumped..

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
Cat to turkey
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 18:59:46 PM »
Can all be done in two weeks, we took them for rabies jabs and check ups 15 days before flying then they went into boarding the week before we moved and the next time we saw them was here in Turkey. Once you get the ball rolling it is very quick.
Good luck with the move.

Offline Linda1953

Cat to turkey
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 23:01:33 PM »
That soon? that is excellent Smudge and takes a bit of worry off my mind. I thought it was going to take weeks, did you get them chipped at all or is this if your going to bring them back? I might go and check things out at my local vet, my cat has been relatively healthy over the years, never had to see a vet except once when she was doctored.  She is very timid and never goes out so is not exposed to other cats!  

Thanks again
Linda

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
Cat to turkey
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2005, 10:17:01 AM »
Ours are house cats as well and we didnt get them chipped, you must make sure all injections are up to date and once the final check-up is done then you have to be gone within 15 days.
Do make final checks with vets and carrier as this was three years ago and things can change.

Offline Linda1953

Cat to turkey
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2005, 15:04:48 PM »
Thanks Smudge much appreciated, I think the law might have changed slightly, although in what way I have no idea, worth checking out!

Offline Dippey

Cat to turkey
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 12:23:42 PM »

Just been quoted £396 from airline (thomas cook, Onur don't do it) for two cats in individual crates 18"x 18" x 36" 5-8kg each. Plus handling fee other end of £15-£30 each. (still need to add on vet bills plus anything else will find out in new year).

The one main thing they pointed out was the type of airplane must be a Boeing 757, as it is the only one with a compresurrised cargo area for live animal transport. The Airbus and other Boeings don't cater for live animals. You will need to check the type of plane before you book your own ticket as the 757 is not a regular service.

Dipps

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Cat to turkey
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 18:40:51 PM »
Dipps,

Most of the airliners in use today have cargo holds that can be pressurised. It's the heating that is a concern.

737's are OK too because they have both facilities.

Offline Dippey

Cat to turkey
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 20:52:00 PM »
Forget it, i've just shot them. People who think their pets are thier life, i dunno.

For sale: two stuffed draught excluders, go meeoow when stretched.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Cat to turkey
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 21:17:48 PM »
Damn, i was looking forward to 2 furry ice-cubes for my xmas drink.

Offline Dippey

Cat to turkey
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2005, 21:25:29 PM »
Yule end up with a pusssy hair stuck in your teeth again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf