Author Topic: Moths  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Pi55y

Moths
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 23:36:00 PM »
We have just got back from  UK and guess what, we have got an attack of the food moths and their horrible little caterpillars.  

It appears that there is an epidemic of these horrid litle brown/black moths across Europe at the moment. In fact whilst driving through  Greece recently the supermarkets were all selling a new product from Raid/Defans (not sure which) to elimate these horrible little creatures. Unfortunately, I did not buy any (I wish I had as they do not sell it yet in the Fethiye supermarkets!)
I spent the first 2 days cleaning out the kitchen cupboards, throwing away food, bleaching and spraying and I think I now have them under control.  So anyone who has a lot of small blackish/brownish moths thst crumble to dust when squashed or small thin yellowish caterpllars about an 1" long, check out your cupboards!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Moths
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 23:59:34 PM »
I thought that pasta tasted funny

Offline aliandjus

Moths
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 07:56:55 AM »
had that problem too, had to sort out and chuck away and sprayed all the cupboards with insect killer and just keep my eye out for the little blighters and kill on sight lol.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf