Author Topic: Turkish restaurants in the UK  (Read 15499 times)

Offline Tonya

Turkish restaurants in the UK
« on: January 06, 2004, 11:50:32 AM »
Does anyone know of any good Turkish restaurants in the UK, preferably in the South West?

edit for typo
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 11:51:20 AM by Tonya »

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 14:00:35 PM »
We have one, it`s called : wait for it
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Marmaris

Dave

Offline Tonya

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 14:17:28 PM »
at least its not the I word lol

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 16:01:19 PM »
Greta one in York called:

Kapadokiya.

Stoop

Offline xanadu

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 17:19:07 PM »
Do you know? .........all the Turkish restaurants I have been to in the UK have all been just barbecued food. I got taken on a very special occasion to what is advertised as the most exclusive Turkish restaurant in the UK. It was in the West End of London , had bouncers on the door, Rolls Royces outside.......and all there was to eat was bloody barbecued food and expensive wine.........and it made a large dent on my partners gold card..........come home to Calis ....the  best food is here....

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 19:17:28 PM »
Tonya
I notice you say good Turkish restaurants. Two restaurants are listed in Yellow Pages for Bristol; but I haven't tried either. One is Sazz Mezebar on Christmas Steps and t'other is Turkish Delights (name worries me - rather obvious/tacky) in Kingswood. Have you tried either of them? Hilary and I might have a night at the Steps one if you don't put us off it. If you've not tried it I'll let you know what I think when we have.
Cheers, Colwyn

Offline Tonya

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 19:34:25 PM »
Colwyn, I have seen the Turkish Delight one from the outside and yes it looks tacky and no I wouldnt want to try it! I've not heard of the Sazz Mezebar, so would be very interested to know what it's like.

Offline Jenny

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 22:12:39 PM »
me and laura went to one where we live in wallasey for 'turkish night', we had so much fun dancing with the belly dancer and listening to tarkan and other turkish music. the food was ok, starters were those cheese pastry things, spicy sausage and other bits like that. then the belly dancer came out. we then had chicken wings, then the belly dancer came out for a bit more. we had our main course of barbecued meats, chips and salad which was really nice. the belly dancer came down again and made everyone dance and taught us some 'moves'. we spent the rest of the night dancing in the middle of the restaurant. it was £16 each for the whole night and it was really enjoyable. the restaurants called mezze and is owned by a turkish man and his scotish wife

Offline Hazel

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2004, 23:00:58 PM »
Hi Stu
We drove past the one in York Last Friday have you tried it and if so is it worth a visit.

Hazel

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2004, 10:33:20 AM »
Hey Tonya
Run, don't walk, to the Sazz Meze Bar on Christmas Steps. We went last night and it was excellent. First you get a complimentary dish of olives and chillies with good bread. Then you can have a plate of meze shared between two (watch out for the Ezme it bites!). The choice of main course is not large - various forms of shish and kofte and a guvec - but it is very well cooked. For two people the cost will be around £25 (without dessert) plus all the Efes you drink - which is unfortunately £2.5 not 2.5mTL.
Cheers, Colwyn
PS. It is also handy for a pint or two at the Brewery Tap which had the best beer in Bristol - if you care for that.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf