Author Topic: PARROT TO TURKEY ???  (Read 4701 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
PARROT TO TURKEY ???
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 08:53:23 AM »
Have you been at the Bird Seed again[?] :)

Offline tony

PARROT TO TURKEY ???
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 12:07:28 PM »
tape up parrots beak
spray liberally with hair lacquer
take through as hand luggage

Offline tony

PARROT TO TURKEY ???
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 12:08:36 PM »
if successful do same with dog
then wife

Offline maggie machin

PARROT TO TURKEY ???
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 08:32:54 AM »
Don't know if this will be of any help.  My dogs and cat are coming over from Bristol in May on a Thompson charter flight to Dalaman.  I have found out the rule is one adult for one pet, so if you are travelling with just one parrot, with all the relevant documentation, ie. export licence, vets health certificate and all innoculations etc. it should be fine.  I checked first with DEFRA on email, and amazingly within five minutes they actually phoned me back!!

I am in the process of trying to find out about the possible need for an Import Permit to be issued in Turkey, but details of this, are, to say the least, sketchy.  As I find out more, I will keep you posted.  Hope this helps.  Bring in more pets I say!!!!  Maggie MachinJavascript:insertsmilie(' :)')

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
PARROT TO TURKEY ???
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 10:00:56 AM »
Oh dear - this has really made me laugh.  I just love your humour.  
Tony - great idea

Janet

Offline amanda

PARROT TO TURKEY ???
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 21:23:31 PM »
hi thanks keith for that, yes i am the one who brought 2 of the parrots over, and yes you need to go to defra, i went with a company called jets for pets and have to say the lady who helped us was great, you can find the address on the web. i will say that if you have turkish neighbours be aware they may not like it, mine like most of them whistle and talk ,and i have a neighbour who for the first month of being here, tryed to tell me that you could not have a parrot in doors the law does not allow you, as i told him if they did not allow it then why did i have to go through all i did to get them here, and i have a very good vet here who also said that parrots should be keep safe as they are endangerd, well needless to say he has now given up haha, and all the other neighbours whistle back.
 you will have to take the birds to the vet a few days befor you travel to get your forms signed by him, to say they are safe to travel, as mentioned above i am not sure how you will stand with the bird flu thing, but you can only try, if like us and many other pet owners its to hard to leave them behind, so i wish you luck if i can help you in any way please email .... Via my profile.... head it birds to turkey. you could always move next door to me in the hope the old man over the road hates it so much and moves lol, only joking . good luck

Your direct email address removed Amanda. Not a good idea to put it on an open forum !
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 08:42:39 AM by Roy H »

Offline GEPP999

• Live happy - Live long --- hopefully !!
PARROT TO TURKEY ???
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 23:19:31 PM »
Amanda ..thanks for your help

I guess you were dealing with samantha at Jets for Pets .... She is extremely helpful

We now have our overgrown budgie booked on a Thomson flight from Birmingham. DEFRA say there is no requirement for an Export Certificate and the Turkish Embassy state there is no need for an Import Certificate ....so it seems a helath certificate from our vet 48 hours  prior to flight is enough .... we already have the dog in Turkey and that was a straightforward affair ... thanks again

Steve

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf