Author Topic: 90/180 visa ??  (Read 2109 times)

Offline daffodillys

90/180 visa ??
« on: August 11, 2014, 12:28:50 PM »
Oh dear, apologies for raising this topic again !! I understand that the visa is for 90 days use out of 180 but when the 180 days are up and you leave Turkey do you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can return and purchase a new visa. For example our visas end on 26th September, we have only used 30 days ( dont know if thats relevant ) and we want to go back out for a week in November, do we just purchase new visas or do we have to wait. !! Help and thanks in advance.

Offline jsp51

Re: 90/180 visa ??
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 13:26:27 PM »
Just get a new visa after your old one expires, but yes, the 30 days could be relevant as the way your 90 days is calculated is, on the day you leave Turkey the computer looks back 180 days and adds up the days you have been in the country during that preceding 180 days, but as you say you are only going for a week then there will be no problem at all.
Hope this makes sense.

Offline daffodillys

Re: 90/180 visa ??
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 16:54:42 PM »
I am having a glimmer of understanding !!! i have just read some other posts on the CBF. I am worried that the 90 day wait when you have used your 90/180 allowance will fall on the summer months, i think it needs careful  planning. I probably should have looked into this a bit more before buying an apt !! but then i suppose, in a few years when we want to spend more time  in Turkey we will  apply for residency. Thanks for your reply.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf