Author Topic: passport/visa  (Read 5285 times)

Offline jsp51

passport/visa
« on: January 06, 2016, 08:33:53 AM »
I will be coming back in March on a evisa as I would have been out the country more than 120 days by then and assume my residency card will be cancelled. However in May, I will be renewing my passport hence I will have new passport number and will have to get another visa.
 Question does my 90 days start again with this new number or will it be linked to old one?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: passport/visa
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 08:47:33 AM »
Why not renew your passport before coming back in March, as you can have up to 9 months credit from a previous passport?

Offline madmart

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 10:59:51 AM »
As you have less than six months on your current passport the e-visa system won't let you buy one. This happened to a work colleague of mine last year he had a few stressed out and expensive hours at the personal callers passport office in London.

Take Liz's advice and renew it now.

Offline jsp51

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 08:33:22 AM »
Can't renew it before May as not in UK long enough. My passport is up November so renewing in May.
As I said I will get a visa in March on my old passport, go back UK in May renew my passport and have to get another visa because passport numbers will be different.
Will my 90 days start again on new visa with new passport number?

Offline madmart

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 09:25:18 AM »
The last time I renewed my passport it was back in three weeks. It is nearly 3 months until March!!

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 10:49:46 AM »
A friend made an appointment at the local passport office & had their new passport back same day

Offline yabanci

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 11:12:26 AM »
Its £128 for a normal passport renewal,and its ready in 4 hours if you go to a Passport Office.

Offline jsp51

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 07:52:17 AM »
Question is still not answered.
Does anybody know if when you change your passport and hence have to get  new visa for that new passport number does the 90 days start a fresh with the new passport and visa.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 11:53:45 AM »
Question does my 90 days start again with this new number or will it be linked to old one?

Cant give you a definitive answer - however, the data stored is not just held under passport number.  Just like the UK, when your passport is scanned (or read via the chip) all of the data is read and stored, name, DoB, place of birth etc etc.  How sophisticated their (TR) data matching process is I don't know, but it certainly has a capability to pick up on new passport numbers when all prior data is the same, or similar.

I know we've discussed dual nationalities using both their passports to circumvent the 90/180 rule, but in your case other than passport number and validity dates I suspect the vast majority of data will be similar.  I suppose what I'm saying is that there is the likelihood that they'll match it up, but given the issues they have with the system, maybe they wont.  Not a lot of help really!

JF

Offline jackstee

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 12:03:34 PM »
When they scan your passport and visa they will see all your details ,Name age etc.

I was surprised when I applied for residency in 2000 that they had all my details from 1988 down on the computer. They let me see it and it had everything even old passport numbers.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf