Author Topic: Restaurants on Sovalye Island  (Read 240 times)

Offline DavidNicholson

Restaurants on Sovalye Island
« on: June 26, 2024, 10:18:14 AM »
Some years ago when we had some friends staying with us, we took them to Ada Restaurant on Sovalye Island.  Last month they came out by themselves but asked us about "the restaurant on the island" as they wanted to go again.
We gave them the number, explained about the landing stage pick-up for the shuttle boat and they booked.  Whilst waiting for the shuttle boat they said to some other people waiting "are you going to Ada Restaurant" - they nodded.  When the boat arrived they got on but found themselves at Mayikas Restaurant, and not knowing the area well did not know how to get from there to Ada Restaurant.  They were not even sure if it was on the same island.
Now I am not going to talk down Mayikas as I have not been and do not know it, but what I can tell you is that they charged 550 TL for a large beer, and without wine, the bill for the two of them came to just under £150.  I looked at their menu online and could not believe the prices. Now that is fine if you have booked and intend to go but this is really a warning to anybody not to go there accidentally. 
Our friends are very well travelled and certainly not daft, and did everything most people would do to ensure they were going to the right place.  What I do not understand is why, if there is one pick-up point for two restaurants, the boatman did not clearly check who was intending to go to which restaurant.
Back in 2016 when we took them to Ada Restaurant it was actually where Mayikas is now.  As you may know Ada moved some years ago.  Until this experience, I had never heard of Mayikas.
So, just a warning, double check at the pick-up point if you are going to Ada, so that you don't have an unexpectedly expensive night out by accident. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf